Which day for iFly?

cidymom

Question for recent Anthem cruisers: would booking iFly for Day 2 out of Bayonne be too cold? I'll be going in April. Should I book later in the cruise? What do people think? Thanks all for any advice.

I would book for boarding afternoon. Not busy then.

Do it as soon as you can as if the weather turns it will not run, also if you like it you can try and go standby for another go!

Although you are 'outside' you are in an enclosed area for the flight and you change inside. You are only outside walking from the changing area up to the flight area.

Observers are outside in the elements.

It's fun and the instructors are great too!

I don't know how many days your Anthem cruise is but on our January 3rd 12 day Anthem cruise you could reserve a second flight on cruises over 7 days. So book any time you want during the first 7 days. You can reserve a second flight after day 8.

You can't reserve a second flight on-line in advance. Nor can you with the Royal iQ when on board (even after day 8). You must go to the iFly desk on day 8 and request a second flight on a space available basis. The instructors are very friendly.

Also - try the Puzzle Break. They lock you in a room with your fellow guests and you must solve a series of puzzles to get the key to escape in one hour or less. It's offered on sea days and they don't advertise it much. You can sign up in the Seaplexdesk where you get the roller skates.

We did iFly on Day 2 of our cruise while it was snowing outside. You are outdoors for perhaps 10 seconds but then you walk to the waiting area which is heated (and very warm from the air.) Book it as soon as the appointments become available!