San Francisco cruise port and rental cars

calteacher

It docks at Pier 27, Enterprise which is located at 350 Beach St always works for me. It's a 15 minute walk from the pier or you can take the trolly. Enterprise also allows you to drop off after hours which is nice because of the late departure.

Have fun!!

It docks at Pier 27, Enterprise which is located at 350 Beach St always works for me. It's a 15 minute walk from the pier or you can take the trolly. Enterprise also allows you to drop off after hours which is nice because of the late departure.

Have fun!!

Enterprise will also pick you up if you call them. (Or, at least they use to. You might want to check first.)

Unless you're extending your SF stay (highly recommended to enjoy America's favorite city, which is 49 sq. mi. surrounded by reality) and planning to head out along the coast and/or to wine country or Lake Tahoe, I'd pass on a rental car. SF parking is as challenging as Manhattan.

Good advice about rethinking the car.

Keith

I second that. SF is full of one way streets and hills, cable cars and MUNI that share the road, expensive parking, etc. -- I live just on the other side of bay and won't drive over there unless it is just to the pier and back. I can say that because public transportation in SF is wonderful!!

Just of note, BART is less than a mile from the pier ... a flat walk at that ... towards the Ferry building. MUNI is basically right across the street and the Cable Car is a short walk going towards Fisherman's Wharf.

I know that wasn't your question, so my apologies for adding my 2 cents. I see the Crown is only in SF for the day so sounds like you want to maybe rent a car to drive out of the city, maybe?? If so, as others have said, I think Enterprise is the closest and your best option.

Thanks for your advice. My husband's sister lives in Rocklin--near Sacramento--and we plan to meet her for lunch that day. My DH has driven in San Fran a number of times, so he recognizes the challenges. Therefore, our main reason for renting a car is to meet his sister and we don't plan to drive around the city on a sight-seeing expedition.

Thanks for your advice. My husband's sister lives in Rocklin--near Sacramento--and we plan to meet her for lunch that day. My DH has driven in San Fran a number of times, so he recognizes the challenges. Therefore, our main reason for renting a car is to meet his sister and we don't plan to drive around the city on a sight-seeing expedition.

Well that makes much more sense. :)

The only time I ever drive to San Francisco is to get on a Princess ship. Other than the cruise port I have no interest in or use for SF.