Booking while onboard

FLpalmtree

Hi all- I have tried to find info detailing the discount you receive if booking while onboard another ship- without luck. (Please feel free to direct me to another thread if there is one)

I see a cruise for next year I am very interested in- and the pricing is very reasonable. Also with the discount offered on the Princess website right now, it looks like I would be entitled to a $300 on board credit!? (that works for me)

My question is, I am sailing in a few weeks. Am I really better off waiting to book while onboard?

Edited by FLpalmtree

Hello, FLpalmtree, and welcome to Cruise Critic...

There is no fare benefit for booking while onboard. I recommend you book now with a TA or directly with Princess to lock in your fare.

While onboard you can purchase Future Cruise Credits for $100 each which, when redeemed, will cover your deposit on a future cruise. You will also be entitled to an onboard credit based on the length of that cruise. If you don't use the FCC, Princess will refund its purchase price upon request.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Edited by -Lew-

Hi all- I have tried to find info detailing the discount you receive if booking while onboard another ship- without luck. (Please feel free to direct me to another thread if there is one)

I see a cruise for next year I am very interested in- and the pricing is very reasonable. Also with the discount offered on the Princess website right now, it looks like I would be entitled to a $300 on board credit!? (that works for me)

My question is, I am sailing in a few weeks. Am I really better off waiting to book while onboard?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We never book onboard, we have found no benefit.

We purchase FCC's (Future Cruise Credits/Deposits) for $100 each which we use as a deposit. We wait until we are home to search and book cruises.

FCC's are good for 2 years and are fully refundable.

You get an OBC based on the type of cabin and length of cruise when you use your FCC.

We always have at least 3 FCC's each on our account.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for your replies, and thanks for the warm welcome :)

I was always under the impression that great deals were offered if I booked my next cruise while on board. Huh. Learn something new every day.

Are you saying that with FCC you are given additional OBC? And if not than there really is zero advantage to booking while on board? Why would you even purchace the FCC?

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Are you saying that with FCC you are given additional OBC? And if not than there really is zero advantage to booking while on board? Why would you even purchace the FCC?

The OBC benefit that comes with the purchase of a FCC is in addition to any other OBC you might receive. It's also combinable with other OBCs you might be entitled to.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I had no FCCs when I booked our cruise for 2017 so I'm hoping that when we sail in June I can buy FCCs onboard, cancel the 2017 cruise (refundable deposit), and then rebook with the FCCs and get the OBC that goes with it. Hopefully will get to keep our cabin if all works out .... It is a May 25 British Isles cruise that has few bookings at the moment.

Edited by Alaskanb

Welcome to CC and here's a link to the application form which you can get on the ship & has all of the info about the FCD program.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

These are the OBC benefits:

Length of Voyage Per Person Shipboard Credits

17 days +

$150 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $125 Inside/Outside

11 – 16 days

$100 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $75 Inside/Outside

7 – 10 days

$50 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $25 Inside/Outside

3 – 6 days

$25 Balcony/Mini/Suites, $15 Inside/Outside

Edited by Astro Flyer

I had no FCCs when I booked our cruise for 2017 so I'm hoping that when we sail in June I can buy FCCs onboard, cancel the 2017 cruise (refundable deposit), and then rebook with the FCCs and get the OBC that goes with it. Hopefully will get to keep our cabin if all works out .... It is a May 25 British Isles cruise that has few bookings at the moment.

Once we considered canceling a cruise & rebooking after getting a FCD to get an combined total of $300 of OBC.

However that would result in our cruise fare increasing much more than the $300 we would get. So consider that whatever benefits & price you paid for your existing booking would be lost when canceling & rebooking. You could probably keep your cabin but we recently lost our confirmed early traditional dining room assignment by rebooking to get free gratuities just before final payment.

Once we considered canceling a cruise & rebooking after getting a FCD to get an combined total of $300 of OBC.

However that would result in our cruise fare increasing much more than the $300 we would get. So consider that whatever benefits & price you paid for your existing booking would be lost when canceling & rebooking. You could probably keep your cabin but we recently lost our confirmed early traditional dining room assignment by rebooking to get free gratuities just before final payment.

Thanks --we would be rebooking before flights are available and nearly a year before the cruise. Just have to do the math at the time.

Thanks --we would be rebooking before flights are available and nearly a year before the cruise. Just have to do the math at the time.

When calculating our total cost, if we have the option to book as a b2b or a longer single cruise we look at how it affects our various OBCs & other benefits.