Waitlists for Traditional dining on Celebrity Infinity

I Love Carbs

What's going on? We have a January 2017 cruise and both early and late are already filled.

Something doesn't sound right. I thought it was a ploy to garner some extra cash flow by collecting thousands in prepaid tips that won't have to be expended for a year. However, I understand they no longer do this.

With anytime dining so popular you'd think the traditional dining would be wide open.

While on a RCCL cruise in May, we booked the Panama Canal cruise on X for November 2017. We were told that both dining times were already full and we could only do select. But I'm not sure I'd want to eat at either of those times anyway. 6:00 is too early, and 8:30 is too late. I'd prefer 7:30 or 8:00.

What's going on? We have a January 2017 cruise and both early and late are already filled.

Something doesn't sound right. I thought it was a ploy to garner some extra cash flow by collecting thousands in prepaid tips that won't have to be expended for a year. However, I understand they no longer do this.

With anytime dining so popular you'd think the traditional dining would be wide open.

When you had to prepay gratuities for Select they got added to your invoice when you booked but you didn't actually pay them until final payment about 6-8 weeks ahead of sailing not a year ahead.

I found that if you go to the maître d' on the first day he can change your dining time.. I shared you concern when we went on Celebrity in Aprili found you could make many changes on the first day.. Have a Great time. 😄

Our daughter and her fella are confirmed for 8:30 dining and waitlisted for Select for our July 3rd cruise.

Anyone else hear of being waitlisted for select dining?

Hi Carol

We were allocated Late sitting and wait listed for Select. We booked about 3 weeks ago for an August departure. I have just logged on today and we are now confirmed Select dining :D so very happy. Late was just too late for us.

We have never been let down yet when wait listed for our choice of dining - good luck!