Ms Konigsdam verandah V6128 -any issues?

elizamar

We are looking into the 7 day cruise from 31-July Amsterdam, and wonder why 6128 is one of the remaining verandah staterooms for 4 persons that is available. It seems to have a very large angled balcony. Looking for advice - pros/cons - thank you!

Looking at the deck plan, there are staterooms below and above, so no noise issues. It is a shower only room. The balcony is very deep, making it a tunnel when looking out the window. So far I don't see any problems with this cabin and since the ship has not sailed yet there will be no reviews .

I looked up the cruise you have been asking about. The cabin you mention will have a long narrow balcony which is larger than others but will have that tunnel effect mentioned.

I have noticed that 6052 is also available ( same category V) which also has an angled balcony but which is not as long and narrow. Perhaps an alternative for you?

The cabins are the same size... for the floor plan... but the balcony, well, it is ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY PERCENT LARGER THAN THE OTHERS! MASSIVE!

Balcony: 135 sq ft. (Approx)

Of course the side is angled, but the size of the balcony is well worth just that.

I hope it is has a nice table... would be perfect for dining on the balcony!

We have booked 5094 on a different cruise which is equivalent to 6130 but on the other side of the suites. We considered yours but were worried the wall would restrict views to much, so took the one adjacent with smaller balcony (but still bigger than standard) but hopefully less restriction. However this is all speculation until someone sails[emoji12]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

I looked up the cruise you have been asking about. The cabin you mention will have a long narrow balcony which is larger than others but will have that tunnel effect mentioned.

I have noticed that 6052 is also available ( same category V) which also has an angled balcony but which is not as long and narrow. Perhaps an alternative for you?

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me more about "tunnel effect"? I tried searching but didn't find.

What I meant by "tunnel effect" is the fact that the balcony is huge in regard to space ( good for 4 people in a cabin) but when looking out of your cabin, for example, you'll have a bit less of a view towards the ocean in comparison to a regular balcony cabin because you simply have more walls to the right and left. Quite a lot of people go for the larger space; we are perhaps in the minority but prefer either a regular balcony cabin or one of those angled ones which offer more width instead of length. Sorry, if this sounds a bit complicated but English is not my native language...:o

We have experienced balconies like these on ships of the Solstice class ( Celebrity cruises) , but you might find balcony reviews of the "Koningsdam" in a few weeks or months when the first lucky people have been able to experience the ship!

I only mentioned 6052 because at first I thought it sleeps 4 with a queen bed and a sofa bed but looking more closely at the deck plans it is open for 3 persons only. It shows a bigger , WIDER balcony on the deck plans.

So 6128 really seems the only option as a quad with a bigger balcony. It's a connecting cabin, though. There are a few more on deck 5 which are similar.

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me more about "tunnel effect"? I tried searching but didn't find.

Easy to consider.... I hate to use the wrong word to describe, think of the balcony perhaps 9 feet wide and the about 6 feet deep. (Roughly). the other balcony is also 9 feet wide, but the depth is 18 feet deep. Do... a better description... it MIGHT look a bit like a 'shoebox'... or 'tunnel'. The sides will not solid steel. The usual paneling... open at top and below. I think it will be just fine and again... a huge balcony of 135 sg ft!

Last thought... the 'shoebox' it only 18 feet on one side. The opposite side is just 12 feet, The railing is angled.... not square off at the end.

What I meant by "tunnel effect" is the fact that the balcony is huge in regard to space ( good for 4 people in a cabin) but when looking out of your cabin, for example, you'll have a bit less of a view towards the ocean in comparison to a regular balcony cabin because you simply have more walls to the right and left. Quite a lot of people go for the larger space; we are perhaps in the minority but prefer either a regular balcony cabin or one of those angled ones which offer more width instead of length. Sorry, if this sounds a bit complicated but English is not my native language...:o

We have experienced balconies like these on ships of the Solstice class ( Celebrity cruises) , but you might find balcony reviews of the "Koningsdam" in a few weeks or months when the first lucky people have been able to experience the ship!

I only mentioned 6052 because at first I thought it sleeps 4 with a queen bed and a sofa bed but looking more closely at the deck plans it is open for 3 persons only. It shows a bigger , WIDER balcony on the deck plans.

So 6128 really seems the only option as a quad with a bigger balcony. It's a connecting cabin, though. There are a few more on deck 5 which are similar.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks so much!

• 4 months later...

We just got off the ship and had room 6128. We were traveling with four others so the balcony was great! You don't get any extra furniture but others brought their chairs to our balcony. The only negative was the connecting door. We did not know the people in 6130. We could hear them through the door and they seemed to be talking normally, not yelling. I am a light sleeper and they would wake me in the morning however my husband never noticed. Overall I would get this room again if traveling with others so we could have the large balcony.