NCL Sun aft facing balcony vs mini

iKarenE

Is it worth $2200 more to get an aft facing mini suite vs an aft facing balcony room for a 7 day Alaskan cruise? It's just me and my husband. I booked the aft facing balcony thinking it wasn't worth the extra money for the mini but thought I'd ask before the minis were all gone. Thoughts?

It's not worth it for that amount. I had an act facing balcony on our trans Atlantic and managed to upgrade to an aft mini for $300 for the pair of us. The balcony's are great and not really much smaller than the mini

Enjoy

Edited by Theodorable

If it's just the two of you, I'd say no. We had four in a mini-suite and appreciated the extra bathroom and closet space, but I wouldn't pay that much for just a couple. Remember that NO suite perks come with mini-suites, so you're only getting a little more square footage and a bathtub. Aft-facing balconies are fantastic- you'll love it!

Not for that much. While on the other NCL ships like Dawn/Star and the Jewel class, there isn't much difference between the balcony and minis. On the Sun the minis are much nicer and have a nice bathroom area, but for that much, no.

Did you book on 9 as that is probably the best.

The mini-suites on the Sun are the nicest mini-suites in the entire NCL fleet (that is a fact) - but if you have to pay $2200 for the upgrade, then I agree with the rest - it is not worth it. Just stay where you are and spend the "extra" money on some really nice excursions instead. :)