Brittania Retreat

spf

I would also find this a dilemma, it's very expensive. We didn't have the weather for it and most decks were empty. The area next to the Retreat was equally as lovely and I sat there a few times. Having said this if I were on a crowded ship and was a sun lover then I would consider it. I think strategically if I were to book this I might go for an inside cabin and get the best of both worlds - value for money and personal outside space. I loved the hydropool area, which for me was with the money, and on my cruise undersubscribed so very exclusive!

Edited by Florry

I think the thermal suite was about £130pp on a two week cruise, but it does vary. It is all inside and has a hydropool, two waterbeds, about eight hotbeds a sauna and two steam rooms I think. I loved the tranquility and escape from the rain. If booking Britannia again I would almost certainly go inside and pay for the thermal suite and Retreat (weather and destination dependent).

Edited by Florry

Places are limited, they try to sell weekly passes, if you ask on the first day they will probably say day passes are not available. However, we buy thermal suite passes on 90% of our cruises, and later in the cruise there are always day places available.

If you mean for the Retreat, the same applies, of course they would rather sell a week pass. If these are not all sold, you can buy a day pass.

Edited by Pink-belle

The thermal suite had 60 places on our cruise and there was hardly anyone in it - you would think 60 would get snapped up but it wasn't the case. Having said that I've heard it was restricted to 60 after the maiden voyage as I understand it became fairly chaotic in there [emoji102]

Thank you for such quick responses. As we are cruising in April don't think that the weather will be wall to wall sunshine. So think I will go with thermal suite pass and use serenity area when sun comes out....hopefully.

Never realised there was all this in the spa area. Sounds a good place to escape in inclement weather.😀😀

Hello,

If you want to have a look at my album of my day visit on Britannia you will see photos of the Retreat, Thermal Suite & Serenity Pool area.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaMpBD2

We cruised on Britannia 3 weeks later & used the Serenity area, it was lovely.

Comparing the Retreat on Britannia to that on Azura, we (and it's only our opinion!) didn't think it was as good on Britannia.

I opted for the Thermal Suite pass & thoroughly enjoyed my quiet time in there.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise; Britannia is a lovely ship.

Joan

Hello,

If you want to have a look at my album of my day visit on Britannia you will see photos of the Retreat, Thermal Suite & Serenity Pool area.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskaMpBD2

We cruised on Britannia 3 weeks later & used the Serenity area, it was lovely.

Comparing the Retreat on Britannia to that on Azura, we (and it's only our opinion!) didn't think it was as good on Britannia.

I opted for the Thermal Suite pass & thoroughly enjoyed my quiet time in there.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise; Britannia is a lovely ship.

Joan

I would just like to say your photos are fabulous. It's been a real pleasure to have a good luck at Britannia without having to click on a new page or go to another site. P&O should promote your flickr page because it's the best advert for Britannia I've seen. Thanks for sharing :)

I would just like to say your photos are fabulous. It's been a real pleasure to have a good luck at Britannia without having to click on a new page or go to another site. P&O should promote your flickr page because it's the best advert for Britannia I've seen. Thanks for sharing :)

Ah thank you; that's very kind of you.

As you can tell I do like to take the odd photo or couple of hundred!

I'm no expert but I am happy to click away :)

Joan

I'm looking and looking for the 'help' section?? I must be totally stupid, because I cannot find it at all...

Hello,

The 'help' section is on the main P&O webpage & it's actually called 'Help & Advice" it's on the front page at the top within a (blue) tab next to it it "Cruise Deals".

Once you go into it you can then select the various sections you require help with.

Joan

Aw! thank you Joan...I thought it meant 'help' on this cruise critic.....thanks for your help...and your photos, I've found them absolutely lovely.... My husband and I are going on the April 23rd Cruise to the Norwegian Fjords, will you be on that?

Thanks

Cariad 1

Aw! thank you Joan...I thought it meant 'help' on this cruise critic.....thanks for your help...and your photos, I've found them absolutely lovely.... My husband and I are going on the April 23rd Cruise to the Norwegian Fjords, will you be on that?

Thanks

Cariad 1

Hi Cariad,

You're welcome.

No, we've got to wait until 3rd September until our next cruise. But it's a 14 night trip round the med so well worth waiting for!!

We travelled to the Fjords a couple of years ago (on Azura) & it was lovely.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Joan