OT:Aventura Spa Palace, Cancun Mexico** Opinions Please

Jimbo

I stayed at this resort last July (2004) for 2 weeks on my honeymoon. We had a fantastic time here, nice rooms, great food, and great resort. We hope to go back there again someday, and I'd go back in a heartbeat .... I highly recommend it!! We have stayed in the Mayan Riviera before and this hotel far exceeded the others. If you choose to go you'll have a great time. Just keep in mind there is no natural beach, so if you'd really miss that, this is not the place for you, but they have fantastic pools. Be sure to go to the spa, there are some amenities that are included for free, and I'd suggest the hot stone massage, I had one and it was heavenly!

Thanks for the info. THe beach isn't a major factor because we could just grab a cab and take the short 5 minute ride to the Xpu-Ha Palace Resort which understand has a Beautiful Beach. I understand when you book aPalace Resorts that we can use any of them the entire week.

Have you ever been to or seen the Moon Palace Resort ? We are kind of undecided between the two. Anyone better then the other in your opinion? Pro's and Con's for both?

Jimbo:)

We did not stay at the moon palace but did visit on our way to cancun one day (yes it is true if you book at one you can visit the other for a day, use their restaurants, etc.), it is nice but very different than the aventura, and in my opinion, the aventura spa palace is the better resort. The Xpu Ha has a nice beach (again a very different type of resort) and is only a short ride away, but I found we didn't miss the beach at all, and we were there for two weeks. The food was great at this resort, many different types of al a carte restaurants, so dinner wasn't the same old buffett with one ot two other choices you get at some resorts. If you want to experience the Mayan Riviera I suggest you stay here, many things to do that are not far away ... the moon place is closer to Cancun, and therefore further away. Be sure to visit Xel Ha and Xcaret if you like to snorkel, they are great!!!! I can't say enough about this resort, we loved it, and can't wait to go back again ... still crave some of the great food we had there :) Honestly, the only con I can think of is the lack of a beach, the resort is huge so be prepared to walk, but there are also shuttles (which are a source of entertainment themselves at night) from one lobby to the other. I'm sure you'll enjoy both no matter where you stay. The moon palace is more geared towards golf, so if that is high on your priorities, you might like being right at the resort. Enjoy!

Do you remember what your room number was at the resort, if you stayed on the spa side or the Adventura side. We are requesting Building #5 on the spa side, low room number room, 3rd floor so we have a better view of the ocean and pool. We are asking for the pool/ocean view side of that building. Not really sure they even take requests but I guess it's worth a shot. it might be the earlier you get the better location you get in the resort.

Do they do anything special for honeymooners?:)

Thanks for all your help.

Jimbo:)

• 2 weeks later...

We are members of the Palace resorts and LOVE Moon Palace. No it isn't adults only but the POOLS are fantastic. The place is HUGE so be prepared to walk a lot ( the golf carts are sporadic at best) the shuttles between the two sides are great tho. We love the outdoor rest. at night even without airconditioning. I can't say enough about Moon. You are kinda secluded tho as opposed to Aventura spa where you can get to PDC pretty quick.

Aventura Palace suffered severe damage from Hurricane Emily, and I can imagine Wilma wasn't any help. I heard that the Spa part of the resort may be opne right now, but would do research if the resort will be open when you're thinking of going.

As a side note, Xpu Ha Palace has been completely totalled, and they have no plans to restore it. Very sad-- we stayed there last year and just loved it. It's like losing a friend :(

I found out through www.tripadvisor.com.... they have forums there, and lots of ppl were talking about it. There used to be a notice about it on palace resort's website after Emily but now that the site is down, I don't know how to access it. This may only be temporary. You could try calling them -- I don't have the phone number off hand but might be able to find it if you want.

Are you/were you planning a trip to one of those resorts?

I have also been trying to find out information about what happened to all those poor animals from Xpu Ha, but haven't found much yet -- hopefully they have been able to relocate most of them.

Thanks Megessey,

We are premier members of palace resorts and we've purchased a number of weeks at the moon palace. We have visited most of their resorts in cancun and along the mayan riviera and have stayed at moon palace 3 times and at spa palace once. We almost booked there for December, but decided to do a southern caribbean cruise, instead. I'm so sorry to hear about all the damage, there. We love the Mexican people and feel terrible about their suffering and losses. The American news seems to focus mostly on the damage done in Florida and it is hard to get info from the yucatan. x-puha was beautiful - It makes me feel sick to hear that it is in ruins. I hope all the people who worked there, their families and the animals are safe. I pray for them and hope that they are able to recover from the damage done in record time. Please keep me posted if you are able to find out more. Terrie

Archived