When to buy drink package

robbykapnj

Is there any advantage of buying the drink package online? Is it the same price? If the ships sometimes run specials, wouldn't it make sense to wait to buy it onboard?

Do we pay tax if we buy online and onboard before leaving port?

The price of the drink package is normally the same pre-cruise or onboard. There is no US sales tax on packages purchased pre-cruise or onboard.

If you purchase pre-cruise, they if the cruise line raises prices, you won't have to pay the higher price.

If you purchase onboard, you can use onboard credit to pay for the package. You can also delay the purchase in case you don't think you would need it at the beginning of the cruise.

Hi Bob, question for you, do you know the pricing for cappacino and non-alcoholic cocktails and bottled water.

Specialty coffee is in the range of $4 to $5.

Non-alcoholic cocktails run around $5

Bottled water (500ml) is $2.

If you purchased on the Cruise Planner, and you cancel it in advance of the cruise, it is refunded automatically to your credit card. I've done that with specialty dining and they refunded me reasonably promptly. It was very easy.

Any thoughts about how difficult it is to get reimbursed if for some reason you have to cancel after you've pre-paid one of the packages?

They will allow you to cancel the drink package on board. However, I don't know what the cut off day is to do this, but you should ask if this is something you are considering. They will refund the entire amount of the package, and then charge you individually for each drink you have consumed.

Edited by clarea

Any thoughts about how difficult it is to get reimbursed if for some reason you have to cancel after you've pre-paid one of the packages?

They say that you will be reimbursed within two billing cycles. My experience has been that it takes about a week.

Edited by denatravels

Specialty coffee is in the range of $4 to $5.

Non-alcoholic cocktails run around $5

Bottled water (500ml) is $2.

Thank you Bob! Just want to figure out if it is worth getting the Royal Replenish Package.