Live from the Emerald Princess Feb. 27th-Mar. 5th

pixiestyx

When you where in Rohatan does the Emerald dock at the private beach area Carnival Built or at the main docks. If its at the private beach area I dont need a shore excursion.

Thanks for the info, great review, I leave in 2 weeks

We docked at Mahogany Bay. I'm not sure if that is the main dock or not. There was only docks for two ships and the other was a Carnival ship with us.

Hope this helps.

When you where in Roatan does the Emerald dock at the private beach area Carnival Built or at the main docks. If its at the private beach area I dont need a shore excursion.

Yes, it docks at the Carnival Corp docks. About a 8 minute walk to the beach area. They sell a pass for a ski-lift type transport, but there is no need to take that.

Dinner-Room Service on veranda

After the long day at Chichen Itza we didn’t have the energy to go sit in any of the dining venues or think about what to wear for dinner. We decided to take advantage of our wonderful aft balcony and order room service. We ordered off the dining room menu (I think this is a suite perk, but I’m not entirely sure). We both got a Caesar salad, which was pretty much what you expect. We tried one of the Mojo Pork tenderloin (a Curtis Stone offering) and one of the pan-fried chicken. We also got a side of the fettuccine alfredo. The pork was overcooked, but not terribly tough and it had a good flavor. The fried chicken wasn’t winning any awards though they managed to get the skin crispy and the meat was tender. It’s downside was that it was lacking in any punchy flavor. The side of pasta had decent flavor, but the pasta was very overcooked. We also had them bring a large plate of steamed vegetables, which had a very nice assortment. You really have to specifically seek out multi-colored foods and vegetables from the dining room. Overall, the quality of the food was about what we expected from our one other dinner in the dining room. However, after the long day it was a satisfying and relaxing meal out on our beautiful balcony.

When they dropped off the food they set up a tablecloth on our balcony table and arranged everything for us. This is a really nice touch and makes you feel like you’re having a proper dinner on the veranda. The food arrived hot and nothing was missing or incorrect on our order. This is something we would definitely do again after a long day in port or to take advantage of really perfect evening weather.

pixiestyx, I have a question. You mentioned you traded in your mini bar for coffee cards. Can you give me more info or details about this. I am booked in a suite for my Emerald Cruise.

pixiestyx, I have a question. You mentioned you traded in your mini bar for coffee cards. Can you give me more info or details about this. I am booked in a suite for my Emerald Cruise.

I actually found out about it from the boards here :)

When we arrived in our cabin we called down to room service and said that we wanted to trade in our mini-bar for coffee cards. They immediately knew what we meant. In the chaos of boarding day, it did take them a couple hours to send somebody to swap it out.

The took away the mini-bar setup and gave us two coffee cards for unlimited brewed coffee and 15 (on each card) specialty coffee drinks.

We mentioned it to our cabin steward who showed up to see if we needed anything, but he wasn't aware of being able to trade for the coffee cards. It is definitely possible in case your steward is unaware.

great to know. Thank you. I have not sailed on Princess; but the other lines I have sailed we have used the concierge to do mostly everything. I have been told Princess does not use a concierge except on Regal and Royal.

We are looking forward to celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary on the Emerald Princess on March 26th. It will be our first cruise and appreciate your review.

Welcome! Feel free to come join us on the roll call! We will see you in 19 days!

Basically it's worth it if you drink about six drinks a day.

So for some yes, for others no.

There are also benefits like certainty in spending, freedom to try something new, freedom to have a drink when you want without having to consider cost.

How much is the 7 day drinks package please