So many questions!!

Hello! I am new to Royal Caribbean and have so many questions! My brother in law booked his wedding on the ship so we are sailing in November. We (my husband, 46 and I, 43) have cruised both NCL and Carnival, pretty regularly. I only know the later, can someone break down the comparisons to me?

1. Cabin amenities?

2. Do they upsell everything like NCL? Of is what you already paid for pretty much it? (outside of specialty dining and gratuities)

3. Coco Cay, do they have shade or can I book a cabana (do they offer them?)

What's one thing you think I really need to know about the Anthem (or RCI in general)?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am new to Royal Caribbean and have so many questions! My brother in law booked his wedding on the ship so we are sailing in November. We (my husband' date=' 46 and I, 43) have cruised both NCL and Carnival, pretty regularly. I only know the later, can someone break down the comparisons to me?

1. Cabin amenities?

It depends on what cabin.

2. Do they upsell everything like NCL? Of is what you already paid for pretty much it? (outside of specialty dining and gratuities)

There are SOME things they sell, but the cruise-fare paid includes enough for everything you need - except booze.;)

3. Coco Cay, do they have shade or can I book a cabana (do they offer them?)

They have LOTS of shade.

What's one thing you think I really need to know about the Anthem (or RCI in general)?

The Anthem is set up kinda' like NCL - the dining is weird. We prefer traditional dining.

You will find RCL more Elegant and reserved than Carnival - not sure about NCL. The ships offer WAAAAAAAY more, and IMO are much more B-E-Utiful!

Thanks in advance!

You Are Welcome - Hope This Helps.

Edited by DHADEN

Hello! I am new to Royal Caribbean and have so many questions! My brother in law booked his wedding on the ship so we are sailing in November. We (my husband' date=' 46 and I, 43) have cruised both NCL and Carnival, pretty regularly. I only know the later, can someone break down the comparisons to me?

1. Cabin amenities? Two bars of soap, and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

2. Do they upsell everything like NCL? Of is what you already paid for pretty much it? (outside of specialty dining and gratuities) Royal likes upsell too. There are extra cost entrees on the MDR menu. Push to purchase drink packages. Cocktail prices around $12.

3. Coco Cay, do they have shade or can I book a cabana (do they offer them?) You can find areas with shade.

Thanks in advance!

See answers in RED above.