Eurodam - 5th Deck - Room V5118

SLOTheta

My DB/DSiL had 5122 on the Nieuw A for their first cruise, and enjoyed it. When they had it, before a re-categorization 2 years ago, it was rated as a VE, and I think fairly priced. I feel with the misleading deck plan and highest Verandah rating (V) that people are being lured into cabins which I would place near the bottom of my choices. Maybe if you don't let the others see your larger balcony and unobstructed view they won't know any better! :D

DW and I like to be high up, but for people who are prone to seasickness I think the best verandah cabins are 4133 to 4158. These are 7.5 feet deep!

When I sent the photo to the groom, he said that he was in a similar V room on the Nieuw and that he actually felt good looking over the ledge and seeing a life boat right below! It made him feel safer. I had to laugh. It's not like you'd get to jump off your balcony into a boat if it came down to it!

By "downgrading" to a VB, we saved $60 each on the fare. That's about 7 drinks, so I would say that's a good deal for us.

Do all the balconies open and connect? The wedding party was trying to get us all together so we could freely walk across each other's balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And have some Meclizine (sold in the US as Bonine) for back-up.
Walgreen's "house brand" of Meclizine is called WalZine, and cheaper than Bonine.

Do all the balconies open and connect? The wedding party was trying to get us all together so we could freely walk
Yes. The stewards have a "key" (wrench) to open them.

Another vote for SeaBands! And have some Meclizine (sold in the US as Bonine) for back-up. The patches require a prescription for scopolamine. Both drugs suggest not to mix them with alcohol. You can find SeaBands in most large drug stores ((Walgreens, CVS, WalMart) in the same section as the seas-sickness drugs, about $10 -$12)

The SeaBands are worn around the wrist and have a half-round "button" that is worn over an acupressure point three fingers-width up from the wrist crease - follow the instructions that come with them to make sure you wear them correctly. As an EMT we are approved to use this acupressure point to alleviate patients' nausea.

m--

Thank you for the Seaband tip. I found these on Amazon:

Sea-Band Wristband, Color May Vary, 1-Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F731N0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_8Fm1wbNMK9XGV

Are these the correct ones? Do I have to wear both on each wrist? I wear an Apple Watch and a Fitbit, so it could be tricky!

Thank you for the Seaband tip. I found these on Amazon:

Sea-Band Wristband, Color May Vary, 1-Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F731N0/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awd_8Fm1wbNMK9XGV

Are these the correct ones? Do I have to wear both on each wrist? I wear an Apple Watch and a Fitbit, so it could be tricky!

Yes, that's the SeaBands brand, there are other brands and fancier ones with adjustable straps, but the ones you found should do the trick. Good price too!

I always wear them both, one on each wrist. But you could try just one... in the ambulance we often only have reach for one wrist and it does help. But whatever you use to help motion sickness, it's best to get ahead of it... don't wait until you are heaving to start your remedy of choice.

Not sure you'll be needing the Apple Watch on board; and if it's a choice between the FitBit or the SeaBands in rough seas, I'd go with the SeaBands!

Other things that help: ginger tablets or ginger chews/candy; green apples; being somewhere you can look far away, like the horizon - helps you feel more stable; getting some fresh air. Getting low in the ship as someone already suggested such as the lower atrium is very good. Or just lying down for a little while.

I think the Medical Center may have some injectable medicine that they can administer with a visit to the ships doctor (charges apply). m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Yes. The stewards have a "key" (wrench) to open them.

Great, we will ask our stewards when we get there. We are finalizing all the guests next month, so we will know who's locked in and where.

Not sure you'll be needing the Apple Watch on board; and if it's a choice between the FitBit or the SeaBands in rough seas, I'd go with the SeaBands!

Other things that help: ginger tablets or ginger chews/candy; green apples; being somewhere you can look far away, like the horizon - helps you feel more stable; getting some fresh air. Getting low in the ship as someone already suggested such as the lower atrium is very good. Or just lying down for a little while.

I think the Medical Center may have some injectable medicine that they can administer with a visit to the ships doctor (charges apply). m--

I might have to go the unfashionable route and wear it all! [emoji1]

I like ginger, so I'll give that a try. I'll make sure to taste test a few varieties of candies. Do they have ginger beer on the ship? I was going to bring a few bottles from home for my Moscow Mules [emoji16]

Thanks again for the tips. I have a car trip coming up, I'll do a dry run and see how the remedies work.