My Azamazing Day in Kochi India

BBMacLaird

Have you been to Kochi, India?

My latest blog about the azamazing day we spent in Kochi has just gone live on the Azamara website:

Kochi, India on the Azamara Quest: Destination Immersion at its Best

Thanks so much for this Bonnie, in about 6 weeks time we get to go to India with the Quest for the first time ever, post dry dock too! Soooo excited.

We were on the same cruise Bonnie ( met you briefly at the cc meeting) and attended the wonderful Azamazing evening; the huge amount of organisation was so evident, finishing with Crew waiting to greet us with a drink on our return.

I agree with you re. the huge amount of organization!

I'm always impressed by the amount of planning and coordinating of the logistical elements behind the Azamazing Evenings. I've just returned from a short five nights on the Azamara Journey along the pacific coast of Mexico. The AE was held high in the mountains above Puerto Vallarta. In order to get to and from the venue there were 54 ten-seater vans and bilingual drivers hired!

We were on the Quest in the other direction last March and agree that the Azamazing evening in Kochi was fantastic. Now if Azamara could just do something about the weather! :eek:

It was oppresively hot and when we got to the seating area, I noticed some large fans off to the front corners (at least they TRIED to do overcome Mother Nature :D) and made a beeline to seats that would take advantage. That made it more pleasant but boy, India is HOT!

The show was great and the grounds were beautiful.

We've experienced only two of these wonderful evenings and both exceeded expectations (the other was in Haifa where we had a concert from the Ashdod symphony orchestra and chorus in an outdoor setting).

Jenny, we did the same B2B last year and the Azamazing evening in Kochi was great. Very humid but large fans down the sides near the stage. Marvellous food and drink. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Ditto our lunch in The Taj Hotel in Mumbai overlooking Gateway to India. We did that independently.

Hope to meet you when I join in Dubai.

Anne