New AMEX Offer: $75 off $250 on Carnival

Dixie24

Hi,

Did anyone try to buy Carnival gift cards from their website and get the credit? I don't plan to book anything in the near future but can use it later.

Thx!

Terms specifically exclude gift cards. You could book something very far out at a completely refundable rate and change it to what you really want later though.

We just used this and got two statement credits - one for my card and one for my husbands, even though it is the same account. We just added the money to our final payment for our August cruise. This is booked through a TA (me) and had no problem. We were able to use this last year also but only got one credit.

So it sounds like the Costco Amex doesn't have this offer... :(

That's correct Costco Amex does not. Since Costco and Amex will no longer be partners and I will be losing this card, I called American express and they have an offer on their SimplyCash Business, when you spend $1000 you get $300 credit and 9 months interest free. I thought this is a very good deal also.

I booked my shore excursions and did not get the credit. I guess I'll try to pre-pay my tips and see if that works.

I did notice that the address is different on my statement details for the final payment versus my FTTF purchase and my shore excursion purchase.

I booked my shore excursions and did not get the credit. I guess I'll try to pre-pay my tips and see if that works.

I did notice that the address is different on my statement details for the final payment versus my FTTF purchase and my shore excursion purchase.

Pre-pay tips does work - confirmed.

If you haven't paid for tips yet you could try getting on the Amex chat feature and asking for the credit. The worst they can say is no. Sometimes their CSR will give credit as their system can be a little buggy.

• 9 months later...
Hmmm. Don't see this on my AMEX Blue card. Which card do you see this on?

Amex Blue. Try looking under the travel tab to narrow search and it's under the title "World's leading cruise lines"

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean June 2016

Edited by DebbieMo

Amex Blue. Try looking under the travel tab to narrow search and it's under the title "World's leading cruise lines"

I did this a week or so ago with my Amex Blue Everyday to put my $500 deposit down for my May cruise. As soon as the transaction posted, the $100 credit went on to my Amex. No waiting 90 days+ like the fine print says. Awesome 20% discount on a nice chunk of the cruise! :)

I did this a week or so ago with my Amex Blue Everyday to put my $500 deposit down for my May cruise. As soon as the transaction posted, the $100 credit went on to my Amex. No waiting 90 days+ like the fine print says. Awesome 20% discount on a nice chunk of the cruise! :)

Nice! Good to know it posts soon after. Hubby and I each have Amex cards with this offer so I'm going to try to put $500 each on both tomorrow and book our Splendor cruise for June.

I had gotten the $75 off $250 offer in the past, but I don't have this one. :(

Oh wait...nevermind! I had added it to my card awhile back but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Edited by SummerXU

This probably explains why I don't see it on my account. I think I already used it when I paid for our Vista cruise. I was really hoping it was a new offer.:D

I had gotten the $75 off $250 offer in the past, but I don't have this one. :(

Oh wait...nevermind! I had added it to my card awhile back but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Edited by saharaga

Yay, I have this offer on my Blue Cash Everyday card. Going to have to check to see if it's on my husband's AU card also. Can anyone confirm, does the credit apply if you are just making a payment on your cruise and not booking a new one? Reading the terms of the offer, it looks like it's just on new bookings, but I'd like to make a payment on a currently booked cruise for July 2017.

Yay, I have this offer on my Blue Cash Everyday card. Going to have to check to see if it's on my husband's AU card also. Can anyone confirm, does the credit apply if you are just making a payment on your cruise and not booking a new one? Reading the terms of the offer, it looks like it's just on new bookings, but I'd like to make a payment on a currently booked cruise for July 2017.

Looks like it doesn't have to be a new booking just that the booking has to be made within the window of 10/14/16 - 4/14/17 as per the first line in the terms. This is how it comes off to me anyway. Hopefully someone that has had the offer go through will chime in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like it doesn't have to be a new booking just that the booking has to be made within the window of 10/14/16 - 4/14/17 as per the first line in the terms. This is how it comes off to me anyway. Hopefully someone that has had the offer go through will chime in.

Gosh, didn't even notice the beginning date of 10/14/16. Hoping someone else might post with some other data points. We booked way back in February, so if that's the case then it wouldn't work out for me. Hubs had the offer on his card too so I was really hoping to be able to get $200 credit.

We booked our Vista cruise in December 2015. We got the credit x2 since we added it to both our cards. I'm not sure why they add those terms. It doesn't seem to matter when you book or what you spend the money on.

We booked our Vista cruise in December 2015. We got the credit x2 since we added it to both our cards. I'm not sure why they add those terms. It doesn't seem to matter when you book or what you spend the money on.

Great, thanks for the reply. Do you have separate accounts with AMEX or is one of the cards an authorized user on the first account? I ask because the AMEX account is mine and my husband is an authorized user on the account with his own card and log in as a user. The offer was found under my log in and his, so I hoped we'd be able to double dip. We owe $915.00 on our cruise, so I was going to go online and make one $500 payment with my card. Then I was going to call to have gratuities added and pay the other $500 with my husband's card.

• 2 weeks later...