New AMEX Offer: $75 off $250 on Carnival

Dixie24

For those that are making payments on your currently booked cruise, did you book thru a TA or direct with Carnival?

I booked my cruise with a TA and I am concerned that the charge will be thru the travel agency and not Carnival.

For those that are making payments on your currently booked cruise, did you book thru a TA or direct with Carnival?

I booked my cruise with a TA and I am concerned that the charge will be thru the travel agency and not Carnival.

You should be okay. When a TA takes your credit card info, the payment should still be made directly with Carnival.

DH and I each got the offer. I was able to add it to 6 cards total, including my teenagers AU account. Made 6 $250 payments to pay off cruise. Saved $450!!

So you and your husband have 6 different American Express credit cards or did you make 2 transactions on 3 different card ?

Perhaps that link is not working. Go to the Norwegian Forum and read the AMEX CREDIT POSTING and go to posting #14 to see the link.

Zteam, I added the Carnival offer and it shows as being added to each card (linked account with wife, but two cards with two different numbers and each has its own login information). So when I call Carnival and make a $500 deposit on a cruise (250 per card), it should be good to go, right? Or am I missing a step?

Here's what I did:

1. Enrolled two cards (don't forget this step!)

2. Booked the cruise with an online travel agency (wanted lower deposit than Carnival and gave some onboard credit.)

3. Paid the deposit with one card.

4. Will call in a couple of days to put $250 more towards the account using the 2nd card.

5. Plan to pay the balance with gift cards before the deadline.

6. Get shareholder credit before sailing.

Getting 20% off so I'm very happy!

Did a blog post on it with pix, but the above is what I did in a nutshell.

L Maxwell--you should be good. Wait 3-5 days for the credit to show up. My Norwegian credit showed up 3 days after the $500 payment was made (Norwegian is a different offer).

For Carnival I will book directly; do you think I can book through the Carnival website or should I just call?

edit: I will call; momentarily forgot I had an FCC with some questions on that.

Edited by LMaxwell

So glad I could help everyone save some money. I actually just used my sister's card too to pay part of a deposit for another cruise, and then wrote her a check for $175. Check with family members that have AMEX and use as many as you can!

Not sure what just happened.

Submited $500 payment via Carnival site.

used 2 cards. split it to $250 each card.

For some reason it split it 3 ways. $250 to one card. Then $200 to the other card and $50 to that card in another transaction.

I got an email from Amex on the first card but not on the second one.

Is this going to be an issue?

Edited by LMaxwell

Here's what I did:

2. Booked the cruise with an online travel agency (wanted lower deposit than Carnival and gave some onboard credit.)

4. Will call in a couple of days to put $250 more towards the account using the 2nd card.

What online company did you use e

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I did:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My personal travel blog is Plane2Port. Learn how we travel using miles and points.

Make sure you "select the offer" on your second Amex card before you make a $250 payment on it.

Edited by zteamtwo

I don't think we're allowed to mention specific travel agents here in the forums. I'm not recommending them in any case at this point. I've had an issue applying the extra payment online. It just took a phone call but I like to do as much as possible online.

Edited by plane2port

Thank you for posting! I haven't used my Amex in yrs and yrs but just activated and added this offer! Will call my TA to pay some of my balance tomorrow and hope all goes smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by DebbieMo

For those of you who like free money go to Bankofamerica.com and enroll in their I Want Cash Back credit card. It's the Bankamericard Cash Rewards. Once approved and you receive your credit card in the mail put $500 on your cruise or anything you want (you must reach $500 in charges in 3 months). The Next billing cycle you'll have $100 cash reward. I like free money!

For those of you who like free money go to Bankofamerica.com and enroll in their I Want Cash Back credit card. It's the Bankamericard Cash Rewards. Once approved and you receive your credit card in the mail put $500 on your cruise or anything you want (you must reach $500 in charges in 3 months). The Next billing cycle you'll have $100 cash reward. I like free money!

You have to decide if $100 is worth the credit hit. Personally I avoid these offers for less than ~$500 equivalent value (usually for $3000 spend). There are plenty of those offers around, though.