Cunard Fare/Early saver fare & savers

Live a little

Hi all forgive me if this had been asked before; I am a bit out of date not having visited this site since 05.08.15 !!!

I am looking at cruising in June but note the Early saver fare & savers prices have a statement advising of complimentary in port shuttle buses are not included.

Can anyone advise how this is managed on board as to how you access a shuttle bus if I you were to book this package.

If you are able book it how much is the cost ???

Thank you.

Hi all forgive me if this had been asked before; I am a bit out of date not having visited this site since 05.08.15 !!!

I am looking at cruising in June but note the Early saver fare & savers prices have a statement advising of complimentary in port shuttle buses are not included.

Can anyone advise how this is managed on board as to how you access a shuttle bus if I you were to book this package.

If you are able book it how much is the cost ???

Thank you.

You can still use the Port shuttles - they just swipe your cruise card and you pay - the charges vary but are not much. (Up to about £5 in GB P)

• 7 months later...

My booking papers do not indicate whether or not I paid the Cunard Fare/Savers/Early Savers fare? Therefore I have no idea if we have the 'included' shuttles' on QM2, Sydney-HK. I booked direct with Cunard's Sydney office, 'on line.' Would it be best to contact Cunard re same?

Thanks.

(I have booked shorex in Borneo and Vietnam x 2, but having been to the Australian Ports on itinerary - Brisbane, Cairns, Airlie Beach, we would be using the ship's shuttle buses there to visit the towns.)

Edited by NSWP

My booking papers do not indicate whether or not I paid the Cunard Fare/Savers/Early Savers fare? Therefore I have no idea if we have the 'included' shuttles' on QM2, Sydney-HK. I booked direct with Cunard's Sydney office, 'on line.' Would it be best to contact Cunard re same?

Thanks.

(I have booked shorex in Borneo and Vietnam x 2, but having been to the Australian Ports on itinerary - Brisbane, Cairns, Airlie Beach, we would be using the ship's shuttle buses there to visit the towns.)

I would contact your Cunard Sydney Office or your Travel Agent whoever you booked the cruise through. By the way, how is Bateman's Bay. I miss that place but get regular updates through my brother.

Regards

Pat

It's simple, 'anyone' who wants to use a shuttle bus just boards the bus,whether they have booked a Saver fare or not. Before boarding the bus 'All Guest's Key Cards' are scanned.

Sometime later, those guest's who are on the saver fares will find the cost of the shuttle bus appear on their onboard statement.

Just add; Occasionally, those who have paid the Cunard fare may find that a charge has appeared on their statement, however, at the same time a credit will also appear. Very much in the same way as the loyalty internet charges appear on statements.

Edited by Bell Boy

It's simple, 'anyone' who wants to use a shuttle bus just boards the bus,whether they have booked a Saver fare or not. Before boarding the bus 'All Guest's Key Cards' are scanned.

Sometime later, those guest's who are on the saver fares will find the cost of the shuttle bus appear on their onboard statement.

Just add; Occasionally, those who have paid the Cunard fare may find that a charge has appeared on their statement, however, at the same time a credit will also appear. Very much in the same way as the loyalty internet charges appear on statements.

There are also some instances where they are free to everyone.

"In some ports it may be compulsory for a shuttle bus to be used to exit the port due to health and safety reasons. In these instances, these will be supplied complimentary for all guests and all guests will be notified on board."

Shuttle buses and whether you pay for them vary from port to port. In some ports you dock in an industrial area where you are not allowed to walk out. in these cases a free bus has to be provided.

In some ports the port itself will pay for the shuttle as they want to encourage you to use their facilities. i suspect in some ports its included in the docking fee.

I was in Zebrugge a couple of weeks ago on the QM2 and it was free. Dublin back in August everybody had to pay. (That is what it said in the daily programme).

As previous posters have said you ships card will be scanned and cost will be automatically added to your onboard account.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, Cunard Fare/Early Saver/late Saver fares only apply to the UK.