If we book two rooms, does it matter where we each sleep?

Cruisin'CaveChick

Our extended family is going on a cruise in June on the Imagination.

My question: If we book 2 rooms, will anyone really care if we end up all sleeping in the same one? If we do sleep in one, would it matter if we put the roll-away/trundle in whichever one we do end up sleeping in?

We're planning on getting 2 rooms across from each other (there aren't any adjoining available on this cruise and there aren't any 2 person and 3 person next to each other), but we all sleep in one room at home, so will probably all want to sleep in one on the cruise. Is anyone going to get mad at us for cramming into one? Will they care if we move the trundle to whichever one we end up using as long as we put it back at the end?

We don't want to do a 5 person room because our kids are 4, 2, and a baby. Baby sleeps next to me, so I can't be on the upper, husband is too big for the upper, and kids are too little. From photos I've noticed that the rooms with upper pullmans are functionally much smaller on the Imagination because of how much room the uppers take, so we really don't want to book a 5 person and just leave them put away, either, plus this would give us an extra room for any time we do need more space and would give us an extra bathroom.

Honestly, I don't think they will care. It's common for parents to book two rooms (if they have teenage kids) and the kids share one room and the parents the other. The only rule is that at the time of booking/check in, one of the guests in the room is 21.

Honestly, I don't think they will care. It's common for parents to book two rooms (if they have teenage kids) and the kids share one room and the parents the other. The only rule is that at the time of booking/check in, one of the guests in the room is 21.

Is it the same if it ends up being different numbers than what is booked? I've only been able to find things for switching rooms with the number per room staying the same, and I fear fines to my credit card or something, lol (I know, I know, I'm probably just overthinking things and being paranoid :-p). Logically, to me, I don't see why they'd care, but I've only been on one cruise. That was our honeymoon, and there was no room swapping or sharing ;)

RedBeard78 you are correct they don't care where people sleep but you are off on Carnivals policy regarding ages:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Since OP's are under 5 she will need to book one parent in each room but for others reading this post I want to clarify.

I'm confused. You are booking an OV for 2, and an inside for 3. I assume that with the baby sleeping with you, yu are planning on keeping the lower beds as a queen/king? then, the trundle occupies the rest of the floor space...and are both the 4y/o and 2y/o sleeping on it together?

This is an inside quad with one bunk down. If the 4 y/o slept there and fell out, he would at least land on you. The trundle would be next to the bed and force those in the large bed to crawl out over the foot to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

P1000129_zpsncvgrn8j.jpg

This is an inside twin with a rollaway, with twins separated. Much more space, but still, where does the 4th person sleep (5th sleeps with Mom)?

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

EM

They don't care if you all sleep in one room. The nice thing is that with two rooms, you will have two bathrooms, and you can use the non-sleeping room as one big luggage room/closet! Also, once you get on the ship, stop at the Guest Services desk and ask for an extra key card for each room. That way each adult will have a key card for each of the rooms.

We do this all the time. We sail with myself and our husband and our 3 kiddos. I will say though, that often we do end up with my husband across the hall, usually with one kiddo...it's just nice to have the extra room. We have definitely all slept in one room, though. It's tight, but usually do-able.

I'm confused. You are booking an OV for 2, and an inside for 3. I assume that with the baby sleeping with you, yu are planning on keeping the lower beds as a queen/king? then, the trundle occupies the rest of the floor space...and are both the 4y/o and 2y/o sleeping on it together?

This is an inside quad with one bunk down. If the 4 y/o slept there and fell out, he would at least land on you. The trundle would be next to the bed and force those in the large bed to crawl out over the foot to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

P1000129_zpsncvgrn8j.jpg

This is an inside twin with a rollaway, with twins separated. Much more space, but still, where does the 4th person sleep (5th sleeps with Mom)?

P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg

EM

That's even more room than I thought, actually, lol. We're thinking 3-4 on the queen/king, 1-2 on the rollaway/trundle, and depending on how they handle it, we might cram the crib in (the 2 year old can be a violent sleeper, lol). We're expecting it to be very very cramped, but as far as we can tell there aren't any other options :confused:

They don't care if you all sleep in one room. The nice thing is that with two rooms, you will have two bathrooms, and you can use the non-sleeping room as one big luggage room/closet! Also, once you get on the ship, stop at the Guest Services desk and ask for an extra key card for each room. That way each adult will have a key card for each of the rooms.

We do this all the time. We sail with myself and our husband and our 3 kiddos. I will say though, that often we do end up with my husband across the hall, usually with one kiddo...it's just nice to have the extra room. We have definitely all slept in one room, though. It's tight, but usually do-able.

Oh yay! I'm so glad to hear of someone else who has done it! How old are your kiddos?

Oh yay! I'm so glad to hear of someone else who has done it! How old are your kiddos?

They are now 12, 11, and 5 (all girls). But they've been cruising with us for four years now. They're about to take their 8th cruise! (spoiled...compared to family vacations when I was a kid!!!) When we started, our youngest was 17 months old. The next time, she was 23 months...still just shy of being able to go to "Camp"! But we've always had fun! Through the years, we've sailed in 5-person rooms (both "regular" on the Paradise - which was tight, and the extended "family OV" on the Dream/Breeze, which were a bit roomier), connecting rooms (hard to find...only did that on the Fascination), and - more often - in 2 separate rooms. You'll get the hang of it...whatever works!!

Be sure to check out the "Family" board for other tips on cruising with little ones. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you can't drop them off at Camp until they're 2, and they can't swim in the pools at all if they're in diapers. But I have to say, cruising is our absolute FAVORITE family vacation!!!!

You can book kids in their own room, without a 21 year old. The only restriction on room type is that, if it's a balcony, kids have to be 13 to be booked in the balcony without an adult. And no, no one will care, or know where you sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've cruised with 3 children. We always got 2 rooms next to each other. My husband and son slept in one and me with 2 girls in the other. In the morning my husband and I would hang out on one of our balconies. Other than sleeping we would all hang out in one of the rooms. If I had to sleep with 4 other people I'd go nuts. Too much snoring, shuffling etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

RedBeard78 you are correct they don't care where people sleep but you are off on Carnivals policy regarding ages:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Since OP's are under 5 she will need to book one parent in each room but for others reading this post I want to clarify.

I just booked one and we have to be next door or across from my daughter and her friend who are 18 years old. You can't reserve online, you have to call.

They are now 12, 11, and 5 (all girls). But they've been cruising with us for four years now. They're about to take their 8th cruise! (spoiled...compared to family vacations when I was a kid!!!) When we started, our youngest was 17 months old. The next time, she was 23 months...still just shy of being able to go to "Camp"! But we've always had fun! Through the years, we've sailed in 5-person rooms (both "regular" on the Paradise - which was tight, and the extended "family OV" on the Dream/Breeze, which were a bit roomier), connecting rooms (hard to find...only did that on the Fascination), and - more often - in 2 separate rooms. You'll get the hang of it...whatever works!!

Be sure to check out the "Family" board for other tips on cruising with little ones. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you can't drop them off at Camp until they're 2, and they can't swim in the pools at all if they're in diapers. But I have to say, cruising is our absolute FAVORITE family vacation!!!!

That's awesome!! My family didn't really do vacations when I was a kid, so it's all new to me, lol ;) (especially the yearly extended family vacation :eek:)

Thank you for the tip for the Family board, too!

If one of the kids gets up during the night and doesnt want to go back to sleep one parent can take her into the other cabin for the rest of the night.

Guest services will not care who sleeps where.

Oh good :) and that's one of the things we're pretty sure we'll be grateful for 2 rooms for, since we've had to do that a few times here at home lately. :) Thank you!

We've cruised with 3 children. We always got 2 rooms next to each other. My husband and son slept in one and me with 2 girls in the other. In the morning my husband and I would hang out on one of our balconies. Other than sleeping we would all hang out in one of the rooms. If I had to sleep with 4 other people I'd go nuts. Too much snoring, shuffling etc...

I think it bothers the baby the most, lol, but the 4 year old is getting close to ready for his own room, too, I think :p

This is what I HATE about the lack of an infant/toddler fare on the cruiselines. We had to be in a 3 person room when my 7 month old cruised even though we still had to request a crib (which he didnt sleep in anyway.) I wish they would do 1 and under fares.

Cant you still do a 5 person room and just ask for a trundle bed? Push it up where you want it so everyone can be in one room?