Some info. about the Oasis of the Seas

Hello! I'm not going to write a long review because there are plenty out there, but I figured I can share some thoughts to help anyone out. First, I want to say we went with a large group of people and everything went wonderful!!!! I was getting nervous about picking the Oasis because recently there tended to be some poor reviews regarding the food, staff and ship..... Now I know its all perception but I couldn't have be more pleased!!:) I never felt the staff was unkind or overworked, they went above and beyond for my group. Food in the main dining room was very good!!! There were a couple of complaints about the chicken but the staff was more than accommodating and gave new choices. And as for the ship, we loved it!!!! Sailing once on the Allure we knew what to expect but still loved it in the same way! WE had many first timers with us and they were amazed!!!!

so a couple of things I wanted to share that I learned on this trip. We started our trip at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and it was prefect for us!! We had a lot of children and the grounds had all kinds of sports for them to play (volleyball, soccer, corn hole, chess, etc) along with swimming pools. Kids were happy..... so in turn adults are happy :D

In Jamaica: I did not realize that the port shops and Margaritaville are in a fenced in area. We felt safe and would recommend getting off the ship to shop or go to Margaritaville, if you desire. We had members of our group who stayed on board because they didn't realize the port was fenced in.

We stayed in Cabin 12330 and LOVED it!! It was our first time in a grand suite but loved the space and didn't feel when the bed was pulled out that space lacked, it felt like any other stateroom when the bed is pulled out. FYI, we fit 5 kids in that bed one night.... Its pretty wide.

Shows were wonderful!! Some we made reservations for and others we didn't. We dis not have trouble finding any seats in the Opal Theater without reservations.

This ship and staff please many people ranging from 5-78, I don't think that can easily be done. Can't wait to try the Harmony!!!

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer!!!

@ plunkebe, so happy to hear you enjoyed it too!! I was getting really nervous with the negative reviews. I felt responsible for my group so if it wasn't good, I would of felt terrible. I agree with you, It is all subjective and I guess more people are quick to post more negatives than positives; that's why I wanted to get a positive review out there. The staff works so hard and they deserve some kudos.

Thank you trudisneylover2 regarding your comments about the Oasis. We had sailed with a large family group almost 5 years ago over NYE and absolutely had a great time. WE have been on several cruises since then but fast forward to today and we are thrilled to getting onboard the Oasis once again in a few weeks. We are in the similar suite 12730 and our daughter and her friend in the OV balcony right beside us! Would you please share you comments or suggestions on the Coastal Kitchen and Speciality Dining venues. Also, who was the concierge for the suite lounge? Any other suggestions that you might offer? THank you and glad to hear that you had a great cruise!

:)Pam

Great feedback.

I agree with your comment regarding Jamaica. We were also unaware that there is a big fenced off area at the port. Definitely worth getting off the ship and exploring.

@ Dr. Pam, I think you'll love your room!! I'm not sure if you can take the divider out and share the balcony with your daughter and her friend but the balcony is thin and long on that side. It was so nice to sit outside and watch everything at the Aqua theater.

We went to Chops one night and enjoyed it. The staff was wonderful there. Some in my party felt that it was good but not worth the extra money. We also ate at Sabor without reservations, it was easy to get in and the food was good. We didn't make it anywhere else.

We didn't make it to Coastal Kitchen. :( My husband and I tried one morning but my kids were insisted on going to the Wipe Out Cafe, they loved it there and I think because they'd run into their cousins or friends that's where they wanted to be.

With regards to the concierge and the suite lounge, unfortunately we didn't get to use it. About a week before the cruise we received an email with our concierge introducing himself but then we never heard from him on the cruise. We kind of forgot about him. We were with such a large group and because I planned ahead of time I didn't need anything from him. We were also the only ones in a group with a grand suite so we couldn't have anyone come with us to the lounge. We tried to go there to see what it was like but the time goes so quick and when you're talking with family and fiends, we forgot all about it. The one thing that i didn't realize is, when you're disembarking, you go to the suite lounge and you get off at a different section than everyone else, so you don't have to wait in line. your luggage is also in a separate section and they get you through customs quickly. But again, we were a group so we hung out with them until we had to get off.

I can't think of any other suggestions, except to have fun and plan ahead for the shows that you want to see, like the Dreams or the comedy show. If you make the reservation, you don't have to go but at least have it, in case you do want to see it.

Have a great time!!!!! Enjoy it all, it goes so quickly!!!!

@ yuvraj, I was surprised to see in fenced in, I read lots of reviews before we left and I didn't see any mention of it. I think its great, especially for people who don't like to do excursions but would like to get off the ship. When we shopped nobody haggled/bothered us, it was very pleasant. I would definitely suggest shopping there.

@ dr. Pam, something I was just thinking about, if you're going to Labadee, the suite buffet is great!! Definitely utilize it!! Also, Labadee is not as big as it seems on the map. Everything is within walking distance. I thought it was much bigger, but the beaches are closer than they appear in the map. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

I'd love to answer any questions mommaneedsacruise!! Our group had 2 separate groups, 1 group booked directly through Royal Caribbean and 1 booked through a travel agent (prices were better through the travel agent when they booked), so that made the seating a little complicated. Everyone who booked through Royal Caribbean sat together in one section (about 30 people) and the people who booked through the travel agent (about 30) sat close to us but not in the same area. Royal was good in placing them together, which was wonderful. We had different families and friends and I really think Royal's seating department took into consideration the requests that I made prior to the cruise.

Most of our group got drink packages, so I really didn't notice the specials. I think there was something mid week, but honestly I don't remember what it was, sorry I can't be more helpful. My advice is, if you're unsure about getting the drink package, you can always wait and get it the second or third day on the cruise, if you feel as if you're drinking enough to make it worth it. You don't have to do right away/before the cruise.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)