Breakaway - Haven Spa Suite Question

Suze10860

Can anyone answer 2 quick questions:

1. Are all Haven Spa Suite balconies the exact same size (slightly longer and narrow)?

2. Is there room for one lounger (and one regular chair) on the balcony?

Thank you.

ive researched these rooms extensively before booking and i never saw any difference in room size but i'm not clear if they all have 2 chairs and table inside vs sofa

here's pic of the room and balcony. no way to get lounger in except sideways. and i've been told by others here that dining on the balcony really isnt possible

get on port side to avoid the gym upstairs

Thanks for the response. I too am an avid researcher!! I've watched that darn video so many times. It's great, isn't it?

I don't care about the couch/chair situation in the cabin. Nor about the "pole" that I hear about once in awhile. And I'd be more interested in snacking on my deck rather than an actual meal.

I would also NOT be adverse to having a lounger sideways on the deck. Anyone ever done that?

I'm sailing out of NYC on the Breakaway on April 3...the type of room is still up in the air. I'll definitely come back with lots of info though. I'm a "pay it forward" kind of gal and I like to write a detailed review.

Can anyone answer 2 quick questions:

1. Are all Haven Spa Suite balconies the exact same size (slightly longer and narrow)?

On BA all spa suite balconies are the same size. They are longer (forward/aft) than regular spa, mini suite or regular balconies but the same depth, very shallow.

2. Is there room for one lounger (and one regular chair) on the balcony?

Thank you.

A lounger would be very difficult. It could be placed forward/aft, but there would be no room to walk beside it. You would have to scoot up from the foot end. To sit in a chair I had to turn the chair sideways as my knees were into the railing. Haven loungers are much more comfortable.

Edited by Boschmann

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you enjoy your balcony when staying in this type of cabin? My balcony has always been a really big thing to me. But right now I'm struggling with how to weigh its importance against the perks of being in the Haven. There is something about lounging on my OWN little deck that is very appealing to me. Not all of the time. But some of the time. When I really want alone time. I definitely don't mind climbing up from the bottom of the chair! I guess I just want to be sure that if I request it of my steward, I can in fact get 1 lounger and 1 regular chair out there.

Thanks!

did you think about aft haven balcony? the pictures online of those balconies are incredible! i think there were 2 chairs, a table and 2 loungers and room for a party!

my guess is you value the 400 spa pass though and want the spa rooms like i do

did you think about aft haven balcony? the pictures online of those balconies are incredible! i think there were 2 chairs, a table and 2 loungers and room for a party!

my guess is you value the 400 spa pass though and want the spa rooms like i do

Actually it's a possible upsell situation so I'm pretty limited. I'm currently in a mini suite with a large balcony and I am torn about what to do...

I think the lovely in-room tub in these cabins would be wonderful, but the entire spa thing isn't that big a deal for me. I mean, it would be nice to have, but that's not the main selling point.

Actually it's a possible upsell situation so I'm pretty limited. I'm currently in a mini suite with a large balcony and I am torn about what to do...

I think the lovely in-room tub in these cabins would be wonderful, but the entire spa thing isn't that big a deal for me. I mean, it would be nice to have, but that's not the main selling point.

Do you know what the balcony size difference is?

In general, if the balcony is that important over using the spa, I would stay with the mini-suite with large balcony. I have one of the MX balconies booked for Oct and can't wait. We had an aft one time and it was great to lounge on.

• 1 month later...

I know this is probably beating a dead horse but with the H9 so you still get butler and concierge service? I keep seeing conflicting statements. Also any thoughts after your trip would be appreciated. We sail 5/29 and trying to decide to upgrade or not.