I'm freaking out, help

angel3401

Ok so, we leave in 2 days and our friend still hasn't received his ID. He lost it a few weeks ago and went to the DMV for a replacement, still hasn't received it. He actually called today and it hasn't even been shipped out. All he has is his birth certificate and a paper copy from dmv without picture. We are in California, what can we do? The only thing he has with his picture is his Costco card. I did call and Carnival said they would accept the dmv paper copy if it had his picture, but california dmv doesnt put pics on the paper copies. :confused::(

Most states offer picture IDs, not to be confused with Driver's License. The local DMV should be able to provide him one same day. California also has this option. Look it up on the dmv ca website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recommendation is to get a passport. If you go online there are instructions for making an appointment for a same day passport with proof of immediate travel.

Good luck

Wow didn't know you could get a same day passport.

Op call Carnival and say the same exact thing you said to us.

My recommendation is to get a passport. If you go online there are instructions for making an appointment for a same day passport with proof of immediate travel.

Good luck

He can not get a passport same day without a gov picture id which he doesn't have.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Obviously your should have a state issued ID with photo, but having said that I would bring the DMV paper and Costco card with photo and birth certificate and any thing else. Maybe a utility bill, credit card bill anything with name and address.

california does NOT provide same day state IDs

Really? I'm sorry for the confusion then. I went on to the site and it didn't state that. It did recommend making an appointment, but it doesn't say it's required. Trying to include a screen print on the page, but I'm having difficulty. 8441d9b23bf5339690e207fab7265293.jpg

Edited by mibarron

Did you read the ops post?

Really? I'm sorry for the confusion then. I went on to the site and it didn't state that. It did recommend making an appointment, but it doesn't say it's required. Trying to include a screen print on the page, but I'm having difficulty. 8441d9b23bf5339690e207fab7265293.jpg

Thank you, he called the DMV today ad they said they are backed up and his ID hasn't even been shipped out yet

Does he have other government ID? Military? Does his employer have a copy of his driver's license?

Have him call Carnival now to ask what to do. This is not the first time this has happened...

He does have a color copy of his license, Carnival said they do not accept paper copies. He called Homeland Security and they said they will accept the BC, dmv printout and copy of DL. Hopefully it all works out.

He does have a color copy of his license, Carnival said they do not accept paper copies. He called Homeland Security and they said they will accept the BC, dmv printout and copy of DL. Hopefully it all works out.

Good luck to him, but I would definitely have a plan b.

Yikes! Sorry to hear. Hope you get it figured out.

But really, it's not ultimately up to Carnival. It's up to US Customs. You can either have a passport or a birth certificate + government-issued picture ID of some kind to re-enter the US on a closed-loop cruise (as far as I know).

Edited by SosaCruising

Most states offer picture IDs, not to be confused with Driver's License. The local DMV should be able to provide him one same day. California also has this option. Look it up on the dmv ca website.

It isn't issued same day. All CA ID/DL are now processed thru a localized location. At one point certain DMV employees were on the take.

Need a picture ID for a passport.

Edited by SadieN

Not same day. All CA ID/DL are now processed thru a localized location. At one point certain DMV employees were on the take.

Need a picture ID for a passport.

That truly sucks...hope his friend is able to work something out.

Assuming you live within driving distance?

Early Check in starts at 9:30, arrive early enough that any help can be used.

Have him bring anything that he thinks will help.

Carry on his luggage, do not check it in with the porters.

I think your friend will be OK if Homeland Security had already said he will be allowed on w his paper copy of his license, his photocopied color copy of his license, and his birth certificate. Last yr, my brother's travel companion left her identification in Ga. She got a faxed copy of her birth cert and her drivers license and was allowed onto the boat. The birth cert copy was from the state of Ga, but the copy of her license was just a regular paper copy