Best Cabin/s for family of 7?

kimcruiser

We are a family of 7 going on a cruise in 2017. We haven't picked the ship yet and this leads me to my question. Family dynamics: myself, my DH, my oldest DD, her husband, and their then 3 year old boy, my youngest DD and her SO. We want to keep costs relatively low or at least reasonable ;). My DH and I would enjoy a balcony cabin but we wonder if there's something out there that could accommodate all of us while still offering privacy for each family. We are looking at any and all cruise lines. Thank you for any input. :)

There are few suites that offer separate bedrooms.....I would book 3 cabins....one for you and hubby, one for the family and another for the daughter and SO....that way, everyone has their own space, their own bathroom...and it's so much nicer!

Most larger suites have a separate bedroom, a cubby of sorts with bed, and a sofa bed in the living area...not ideal for privacy!

It doesn't sound like you'd even need connecting cabins...just try for cabins on the same hallway....

Thank you CB at sea. I've been looking at RI, Disney, and Carnival. Maybe a balcony for us and, if we can, two inside for the others. Hubby and I stayed in a suite before and I can even look into that, over a standard sized balcony, for the added outdoor area. Getting excited!

We are a family of 7 going on a cruise in 2017. We haven't picked the ship yet and this leads me to my question. Family dynamics: myself, my DH, my oldest DD, her husband, and their then 3 year old boy, my youngest DD and her SO. We want to keep costs relatively low or at least reasonable ;). My DH and I would enjoy a balcony cabin but we wonder if there's something out there that could accommodate all of us while still offering privacy for each family. We are looking at any and all cruise lines. Thank you for any input. :)

Honestly you might consider three balcony or adjoining cabins. Typically the balconies can connect or you might have two with connecting doors. You would get more closet space and three bathrooms.Also balcony Central Park Views on Royal Caribbean are wonderful and cost effective. I would highly recommend the Royal Caribbean Oasis or Allure of the seas, a sister ship the Harmony will be out next year. The facilities, entertainment and dining should please all ages Disney great for little kids, adults not so much and is overpriced. Carnival not nearly on par with Allure and Oasis class. If you are on a more limited budget, try RC freedoms class. Those ships have many of the features of the oasis class.

enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic