Carnival getting yet another new class of ship in 2022???

wo5m

So my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s mother’s ex-husband’s maid overheard Carnival executives saying they have ordered a very special new class of ship to be delivered in 2022 to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of Carnival Cruise Lines. The new ship will be called the Mardi Gras II after the original Mardi Gras, the first ship to sail under the Carnival name 50 years earlier in 1972.

Obviously, to the best of my knowledge, none of the above is true. Besides that would be an absolutely horrible name!!!

However, It wouldn’t surprise it they did have something special planned to celebrate the anniversary. It’s still 6 years away, and that is a long time. However, if it did involve a new ship I would expect to see news of it being ordered in the next year or two, if not sooner. Last June it was announced that Carnival Corp(the parent company) ordered 4 new 180,000-ton vessels each with the capacity of holding capacity 6,600 passengers. Officially two are designated for Aida, Carnival’s German Brand while the other two are to be built for Costa Curies(source http://goo.gl/r0rfLJ). What I found interesting is that one of the Costa Ships is scheduled for delivery in 2022. Do you think Carnival would design a ship under the cover of one of its other brands until its ready to make its anniversary plans knows? It wouldn’t be unprecedented, the Carnival Splendor was originally destined for Costa Cruises as its actually a Concordia class ship. It was transferred to Carnival Cruise Lines in the middle of being built.

Am I right? Probably not, I’m just guessing. Every once in a while I get one right though. I did accurately predict a football team would win the super bowl this year(I was disappoint it wasn’t the Cowboys).

Even though it’s still 6 years away what would you like to see for the 50 year anniversary? Me personally, I’d vote for a free cruise for all VIFP members. However I suspect that’s even less likely than the hogwash/nonsense I mentioned above.

Have any ideas? Who know many one of the beards may be reading and taking notes

de wo5m

I realize a lot of your post was written to be comical but..... last March Carnival Corp said they were ordering 9 new ships. Four are from Mayer Werft. These are the four you mentioned, two going to AIDA, two to Costa. They are also ordering five from Fincantieri (the company currently building Vista). They have announced two are going to Costa Asia, one to P&O Australia, and one to Princess. That leaves one that they haven't announced. So who knows, maybe your onto something!

I realize a lot of your post was written to be comical but..... last March Carnival Corp said they were ordering 9 new ships. Four are from Mayer Werft. These are the four you mentioned, two going to AIDA, two to Costa. They are also ordering five from Fincantieri (the company currently building Vista). They have announced two are going to Costa Asia, one to P&O Australia, and one to Princess. That leaves one that they haven't announced. So who knows, maybe your onto something!

There is a sister ship to Vista to launch in 2018.

This from Dec 2014:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300012323.html

<<>>

Carnival Cruise Line's as-yet-unnamed 3,954-passenger vessel, which is the 26th ship in the line's fleet, will offer many of the newest and most popular features from Carnival's current ships, along with several innovations that will be exclusive to this vessel. The delivery date for the new cruise ship is scheduled for March 2018. Homeport and itinerary information will be announced at a later date.

The new ship will be a sister ship to Carnival Vista, which is slated for delivery in spring 2016. Carnival plans to announce details on the many unique features and innovations of Carnival Vista during a three-day event for media, travel agents and consumers in New York Jan. 22-24, 2015.

<<>>

Edited by Keys2Heaven

I like Mardi Gras.

So do I.

However, since there's no other MG in service, or even existence, it should be MARDI GRAS, not MARDI GRAS 2. Also, if they did name her MARDI GRAS 2, the arabic 2 would be proper since she would be named after a previous ship; the Roman numeral II is used when a ship is named after an actual person.

There is a sister ship to Vista to launch in 2018.

This from Dec 2014:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300012323.html

<<>>

Carnival Cruise Line's as-yet-unnamed 3,954-passenger vessel, which is the 26th ship in the line's fleet, will offer many of the newest and most popular features from Carnival's current ships, along with several innovations that will be exclusive to this vessel. The delivery date for the new cruise ship is scheduled for March 2018. Homeport and itinerary information will be announced at a later date.

The new ship will be a sister ship to Carnival Vista, which is slated for delivery in spring 2016. Carnival plans to announce details on the many unique features and innovations of Carnival Vista during a three-day event for media, travel agents and consumers in New York Jan. 22-24, 2015.

<<>>

Your link does not work, but like you said that was from Dec 2014. They placed an order for two ships at that time. A Vista class ship for Carnival and a pinnacle class ship for Holland America. This new order was announced in March 2015 and would all be delivered between 2019 and 2022. I will try to post a link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/03/26/carnival-cruise-ship-order/70482752/

Your link does not work, but like you said that was from Dec 2014. They placed an order for two ships at that time. A Vista class ship for Carnival and a pinnacle class ship for Holland America. This new order was announced in March 2015 and would all be delivered between 2019 and 2022. I will try to post a link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/03/26/carnival-cruise-ship-order/70482752/

The 2014 article is correct and it included 5 ships. Last years order increased that total by 4 more ship bringing the new total to 9 ships currently on order.

The 2014 announcement includes the flowing ships

1. Carnival Vista (2016)

2. Majestic Princess(2017)

3. Unnamed Sister ship to Carnival Vista(2018)

4. Unnamed Holland American ship(2018)

5. Unnamed Costa Cruises Ship(2019)

The 2014 article is correct and it included 5 ships. Last years order increased that total by 4 more ship bringing the new total to 9 ships currently on order.

The 2014 announcement includes the flowing ships

1. Carnival Vista (2016)

2. Majestic Princess(2017)

3. Unnamed Sister ship to Carnival Vista(2018)

4. Unnamed Holland American ship(2018)

5. Unnamed Costa Cruises Ship(2019)

Did you even read the article I posted? It said this new order was in addition to the ones you mentioned already on order between now and 2019. The new order of nine ships are to be built between 2019 and 2022. I would copy and paste it if I wasn't on my phone

So my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s mother’s ex-husband’s maid overheard Carnival executives saying they have ordered a very special new class of ship to be delivered in 2022 to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of Carnival Cruise Lines. The new ship will be called the Mardi Gras II after the original Mardi Gras, the first ship to sail under the Carnival name 50 years earlier in 1972.

Obviously, to the best of my knowledge, none of the above is true. Besides that would be an absolutely horrible name!!!

However, It wouldn’t surprise it they did have something special planned to celebrate the anniversary. It’s still 6 years away, and that is a long time. However, if it did involve a new ship I would expect to see news of it being ordered in the next year or two, if not sooner. Last June it was announced that Carnival Corp(the parent company) ordered 4 new 180,000-ton vessels each with the capacity of holding capacity 6,600 passengers. Officially two are designated for Aida, Carnival’s German Brand while the other two are to be built for Costa Curies(source http://goo.gl/r0rfLJ). What I found interesting is that one of the Costa Ships is scheduled for delivery in 2022. Do you think Carnival would design a ship under the cover of one of its other brands until its ready to make its anniversary plans knows? It wouldn’t be unprecedented, the Carnival Splendor was originally destined for Costa Cruises as its actually a Concordia class ship. It was transferred to Carnival Cruise Lines in the middle of being built.

Am I right? Probably not, I’m just guessing. Every once in a while I get one right though. I did accurately predict a football team would win the super bowl this year(I was disappoint it wasn’t the Cowboys).

Even though it’s still 6 years away what would you like to see for the 50 year anniversary? Me personally, I’d vote for a free cruise for all VIFP members. However I suspect that’s even less likely than the hogwash/nonsense I mentioned above.

Have any ideas? Who know many one of the beards may be reading and taking notes

de wo5m

You ARE a die hard fan if you thought there was a chance in heck the Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl in 2015 (And this is from a fan that refused to give up hope the year they went 1-15, at least they kept the Redskins from having a perfect season!)

You ARE a die hard fan if you thought there was a chance in heck the Cowboys were going to the Super Bowl in 2015 (And this is from a fan that refused to give up hope the year they went 1-15, at least they kept the Redskins from having a perfect season!)

Just to clarify, my original post said I was disappointed. I'm not sure they really had a chance, especially after Romo got hurt. I did have my hopes up after last year, but they were quickly dashed. I will say I am a Cowboys fan. I wouldn't say I die hard fan seeing as I haven't actually haven't been to a football game yet.

I'm probably a bigger fan cruising though. My first cruise combined both. We sailed on the Carnival Conquest in December 2009 out of Galveston and I boarded early and got to watch the Cowboys play on the Lido deck(ya they lost that one too).

Another funny story about that day. That was also the year the Saints had their long winning streak. The saints has just won their 12'th game of the season, right before the Cowboys game started. One lady on the ship was apparently a super die hard Saints fan. Everything she was wearing had the Saints logo on it, including the face paint. To say she was as drunk as a skunk would be an understatement. She keep singing "12 and 0, 12 and 0, 12 and 0" while occasionally adding in "Let it show, Let it show, Let it show" and then repeating it over and over again. I wish I had a camera to record it because it would have truly been youtube gold. Anyway, this happened when most the other guests boarded so there was quite a wait at the elevator. When the first empty elevator arrived she got on. She was the only one. None of the other 25-50 people waiting got on with her. Having already listened to her rendition of "let it show" what seemed like 30 mins, I also chose to wait also.