Review of our Mexican Riveria Shore Excursions

steveod

We just returned from Mexico, after a great cruise on Celebrity Summit. Since I found it difficult to find info on excursions before the cruise, I thought I would share my info:

Puerto Vallarta: Took a great ATV ride through the Sierra Madre mountains that we booked through charterdreams.com It was a great time with great tour guides. The ATV's were semi-automatic...you changed gears, but no clutch.

Mazatlan: Took a ride with Randi's happy horses. It was very well organized, and six of us were able to return to the ship right after the ride, instead of spending time and eating at the restaurant. I know there was some talk previously on a posting where people found it hard to return right after the ride, but all we had to do was ask!

Acapulco: We took a cab to the Hyatt Regency and spent some time at the pool. No questions asked when we walked through the lobby to the pool - no day pass required. Note however that this hotel is not on a nice, or very large section of beach. The pool is great, but don't go here for the beach. Beware of very pushy beach vendors in Acapulco!

Cabo San Lucas: Due to hurricaine Otis, we never made it to Cabo. We had booked and pre paid though JTwatersports.com for both Kayaking and parasailing. When we learned we weren't going to Cabo, we emailed them from the ship and within a day had our money refunded into our paypal account. Although we never got to use their services, I would recommend them based on customer service alone.

If you have any questions, I would be more than help out!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, et al,

We're sailing on the Summit from LA to Lauderdale through the canal (14 days) Nov 20. Any additional comments you can provide about the ports of call on the Riviera AND the ship itseld will be helpful. Sandy and I are traveling alone (except for the hundreds of other passengers).

thanks,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Pride. These are the tours and local information that we did.

We only took two tours; one was independent on Mazatlan with Randi's Happy Horses ($45 each) plus Garlic Shrimp at Victors ($14 shared by two) and we did return early, and the other booked on the ship (the tour company will not book cruisers independently but will book hotel guests) on the Rhythms of the Night adventure ($89 each) at Las Caletas at Puerto Vallarta. We took a yellow taxi ($5) into old downtown Puerto Vallarta. We checked out the Cathedral, walked along the Malecon and through the Riu Cuale. Plus we stopped for drinks and snacks at Las Palmas. We also managed a late afternoon local tour at Mazatlan on a Pulmonia. I bartered for $20 for a one hour tour. That was long enough and we really got to see everything in the old and new Vallarta. We did not make any stops accept for photos, although our driver offered. At Cabo san Lucas, we took a Glass Bottom boat tour again independently for $12 each out to Los Archos and the sea lion area. Again 45 minutes was long enough and we got to see both the Sea of Cortez side and the Pacific side of this natural wonder. Seas were a little ruff and looking into the glass bottom couldn't be done for long without getting queasy! The temperatures and sun were hot in Mexico. We both decided to skip the beach stops. DH said after we were back on ship, he wished we had done the Zip Line tour in PV.

Archived