Getting to Concorde

chiefnwa

What's the best way to get to the Concorde Experience from the pier? We're aviation buffs so this is something we'd like to see. From my reading it seems a cab should be about $25USD each way.

We're in our 20s and fit so it looks like the bus could be an option. Looks to be about a 1.5 mile walk the station then about a 45 minute ride up to the airport but it's significantly cheaper.

We want to leave the other half of the day to explore Bridgetown or maybe a short hike or something.

I also would suggest a taxi. But, some advance planning is needed, I think, to make certain that transportation is available from the Concorde when you are ready to return to Bridgetown. The airport is not a busy one from what I could see. Therefore, would there be taxis available there if there are no inbound/outbound flights? And there certainly were no taxis at the Museum waiting for riders.

As an aviation buff, which you say that you are, I can almost guarantee that you will not be disappointed! Try to be in the front of the line that enters the plane. From that vantage point, you may be able to sit in Seat 1A, the seat occupied by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II when she flew on that plane from Barbados to London.