Freedom 1400 and 1700

I'm looking to book our first cruise on RC and I had read about these two aft cabins and went to see if they were available. They weren't showing availability online so I called RC and was told that they were available but only if we had 4 in the room.

Since it's just my husband and I, we weren't able to book. Is this something new? I haven't seen this restriction before. I have put a hold on 8638, a center hump balcony which also looks nice.

By the way, according to the deck plan, 1400 and 1700 hold up to 2 passengers, but I know that's wrong since there's a sofa bed.

I'm looking to book our first cruise on RC and I had read about these two aft cabins and went to see if they were available. They weren't showing availability online so I called RC and was told that they were available but only if we had 4 in the room.

Since it's just my husband and I, we weren't able to book. Is this something new? I haven't seen this restriction before. I have put a hold on 8638, a center hump balcony which also looks nice.

By the way, according to the deck plan, 1400 and 1700 hold up to 2 passengers, but I know that's wrong since there's a sofa bed.

How far out is your cruise? Keep checking. It may become available for 2 if it does not get booked. We booked 1700 with 3 in the cabin. I also know of a couple who booked 7708 (usually only available for 3). Just keep checking and asking. :)

It will sometimes depend on the week that you are looking to book it. Summer's, spring break weeks and Holiday weeks they will hold out to try and get 4 people booking it. Off weeks they may release the cabin for 2 people.

I'd hate to sleep 2 people on that sofa bed. I stayed in 1700 on Indy a couple years ago. My daughter slept on it, it wasn't very big. I'd almost agree to pay for 4, it would be worth it just for the balcony and the pole[emoji4]

Edited by ATC cruiser