Serenade Norwegian Fjords Corner AFT or Hump?

There seems to be fans here of either hump vs corner AFT on Radiance class.. hump balconies are deeper and close to elevators while corner AFT is a long walk but gives panoramic views of the wake at the back of the ship.

The question is for an all scenic destination like the Norwegian Fjords, will you rather book hump or corner AFT?

Another question is for those booked in corner AFT, in scenic cruising days like Alaska, New Zealand's or Norway's Fjords, is staying on your balcony stateroom already enough to see everything the Fjord has to offer (both sides) without the need of going to the top deck?

I know even those book in the hump, it is still better to go to the top deck to see all sides at once as you are limited to only one side at a time.

I would take a corner aft any day of the week vs. a hump. But proximity to the elevators does not really make any difference to me. I don't mind the walk and usually take the stairs anyway. The views in the aft are often quite spectacular and not limited to just one side...

Are you kidding me????? Corner Aft, no question whatever:D

We also had Radiance 9256....cannot go wrong on this one. We had the retreating view of Hubbard with just a handful of other aft-ers. The same would apply as you sail back out of those gorgeous fjords.

I just had the Radiance corner AFT 8168 on my last sailing from Sydney just 1.5 weeks ago. I got it at single supplement free.

It was great as I was literally facing the opera house and harbor bridge during embarkation and debarkation. Enjoyed it much as I was one of the last ones to leave the ship on the last day.

The distance to the centrum is the drawback, it adds up especially I made frequent trips from my room to the facilities of the ship that my feet hurt towards the end.

Fast forward to my upcoming Serenade cruise. I was booked in interior since May 2015. Then few days after final payment, once again the single supplement disappeared and this time on all cabins for my market area.... since it is after final payment, RCCL won't match the price and refund anymore, I will end up paying more on both insides and even outsides than the current price, so to prevent any loss on my part, I decided just to pay a little bit more and shop for a balcony.. and quite surprised that 7172 was still avail this late before the sailing and grabbed it. (1100,9256, and 8168 were already taken, as well as all the hump balconies)

I'm aware that 7172 is the worst among the 4 corner AFT balconies in the Radiance class as it has the least depth, and is above the bar so can be noisy at night before midnight (I read you can hear the bass whenever the band is playing).. but I guess it still has the panoramic views of an AFT balcony so it more than compensates considering the Norwegian Fjords is a scenic cruise destination.

Edited by roquejo

• 2 weeks later...