Thomson flight

Pee0305

Hi, we are flying from Birmingham to Genoa on 4th May. The flight is at the awful time 6.15am and on our confirmation it states a 4 hour check in. Is that just if you haven't checked in online beforehand? Can't believe that they would want us at the airport at 2am!! Also has anyone used the bag drop the day before? We tried it the last time we cruised (with Thomson) but they wouldn't accept them until the day we flew :confused:

Three hours is generally OK. Have a look at recent reviews of Birmingham Airport and see how well the security checks work as this is where delays can occur.

We have arrived at Manchester 3 hours before and arrived at the gate as passengers were boarding due to huge queues at security.

Hi we have a similar time from Manchester in August. As it was peak time when we flew last time we paid for the fastvtrack through security and it saved us a very long queue. It was about £ 5 I think. Not sure if they do this at Birmingham but may be worth checking out. Agree that 4 hrs seems very odd.....

Many international flights state 4hrs now. During the day it might be needed but at night 3 should be fine. Although you will have to take into consideration that there will be fewer on security at night so it might take just as long as during the day to get in there. If you have your seats picked and booked and doing bag drop and checked in on line , but saying that many times recently the line for bag drop is ten times longer than the none check ins on line queue.

It's your choice really. We just go at the time and get checked in and then chill out.

Hi, we are flying from Birmingham to Genoa on 4th May. The flight is at the awful time 6.15am and on our confirmation it states a 4 hour check in. Is that just if you haven't checked in online beforehand? Can't believe that they would want us at the airport at 2am!! Also has anyone used the bag drop the day before? We tried it the last time we cruised (with Thomson) but they wouldn't accept them until the day we flew :confused:

I use BHX nearly every week, and two hours is plenty. At that time you can get several Ryanair/Flybe flights leaving, but security is usually pretty quick (say 10 mins'ish).

I always check in on line and its a breeze. If it worries you, pay the £3.00 for priority security.

Yes thats what I thought Jean. Just made me wonder when the flight confirmation stated 4 hours check in :rolleyes: I thought perhaps there may be some reason for it but obviously not. 4.15am arrival at BHX is early enough I think!