Pre-Cruise Hotel/Tranfer to San Pedro Port (LAX)

Robbinsa87

Hello!

We booked our Nov. 2016 cruise on the Jewel with a TA, however we were hoping to arrange our pre-cruise hotel and transfer to port with NCL. We are traveling with others that booked with a PCC so we want to try and get the same transfer to port and stay at the same hotel.

Is this possible, has anyone done this? If so, how did you go about doing so.

Thanks!

If you are booking hotel and transfer with NCL be prepared for an expensive (4-5 *) hotel and transfer.

If you are interested there is a Best Western Plus San Pedro Hotel and Suites that is very close to where we were docked when in transit from Vancouver to Miami.

Mike

If you are booking hotel and transfer with NCL be prepared for an expensive (4-5 *) hotel and transfer.

If you are interested there is a Best Western Plus San Pedro Hotel and Suites that is very close to where we were docked when in transit from Vancouver to Miami.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I'll check that out!

Hello!

We booked our Nov. 2016 cruise on the Jewel with a TA, however we were hoping to arrange our pre-cruise hotel and transfer to port with NCL. We are traveling with others that booked with a PCC so we want to try and get the same transfer to port and stay at the same hotel.

Is this possible, has anyone done this? If so, how did you go about doing so.

Thanks!

I got a good deal from Super Shuttle from LAX to Best Western Plus in San Pedro for our upcoming cruise. Then, Best Western plus offers a free shuttle to the port in the morning (after a free breakfast if you'd like!) :) That's what we'll be doing in three weeks!!!!:D

~Joanne

I got a good deal from Super Shuttle from LAX to Best Western Plus in San Pedro for our upcoming cruise. Then, Best Western plus offers a free shuttle to the port in the morning (after a free breakfast if you'd like!) :) That's what we'll be doing in three weeks!!!!:D

~Joanne

That's exactly what we've done, for the second time (but in two weeks for us now). Last time there, hotel staff very nice and the hotel was being refurbished at the time. Be aware that San Pedro is not a very upscale area. It has always been and still is a lower income, working class area, and does have gang activity. So don't wander the streets at night.

That's exactly what we've done, for the second time (but in two weeks for us now). Last time there, hotel staff very nice and the hotel was being refurbished at the time. Be aware that San Pedro is not a very upscale area. It has always been and still is a lower income, working class area, and does have gang activity. So don't wander the streets at night.

While there I walked from the dock into the shopping area so I could exchange coins at the banks, I am a coin collector and my wife wanted to lounge round on the ship. The area away from the "main drag" looked quite scruffy so I would imagine the above is quite correct. Even parts of the shopping area didn't look very salubrious.

Mike

We are booked at Doubletree San Pedro next February and will cab to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just stayed there last month. I love the hotel. Depending what time you want to leave, they offer complimentary shuttle to the port.