Arriving to port in Charleston, SC

teknoge3k

We're sailing out the end of May on the Ecstasy in Charleston. The embarkation time is 12:30. However, we have purchased FTTF passes and I read on the comments from previous sailers on the Carnival website that they embarked at 11am with the FTTF passes...

My question is, we will be going to the port from our hotel via Uber so we don't need to park. What time can our Uber get in to drop us off, so we can get on the boat?

Even if we cannot board early despite what the previous FTTF user stated, what time can Uber drop us off?

TYIA!

We sailed last week. We were parking at the port and got there about 11:15. Parking took longer than usual since a few of the cars in front of us didn't understand to already have your luggage tags on the bags! By the time we got to the terminal it was quite congested but we were still on board by 12:15. If it's a nice day, I'd suggest getting dropped off by 10:45. You may have to wait to get in but I'd rather wait there than have to wait all through the process. We are platinum that enabled us to skip the long check in lines but there was only one really long and winding line for security.

Be aware that you have to remove any laptops/tablets/cell phones from your carry ons to go through the screener. We haven't had to do that in other ports. Also, the ladies working the table to check your liquids were rather slow (one couldn't figure out how to unzip the suitcase) so that held things up a bit. I plunked mine down, opened it and handed her the cans of soda I had (still in the original box). She made a big production out of opening the box and pulling out each soda and then resealing the box. She gave it back and I zipped the bag up. I could have had anything else in there and she wouldn't have had a clue!