Grand Turk Cabana

djhsolara

Anyone have experience with the cabanas at Margaritaville on GT? We just reserved one for the first time. Taking family with my 80-year-old Mother, so we thought it would be a good meeting place and good to have a reserved area.

I've looked at those cabanas every time we were at Grand Turk and truthfully cannot see anything attractive or appealing about them. If you are the only ship at Grand Turk, there will be plenty of lounges all around the very large pool and you can find some in shade.

Check one of the 'what's in port' sites (or a few of them) and decide if you think it worth the cabana.

As to service of drinks/food etc, there are plenty of staff walking around that will take orders and deliver it for you.

JMO....

Anyone have experience with the cabanas at Margaritaville on GT? We just reserved one for the first time. Taking family with my 80-year-old Mother, so we thought it would be a good meeting place and good to have a reserved area.

Good for you. You will have excellent service, a private place to change, air conditioning and just press a bell for drinks and lunch and of course loungers. She will love it.

Good for you. You will have excellent service, a private place to change, air conditioning and just press a bell for drinks and lunch and of course loungers. She will love it.

Why would someone need a place to change? Don't most people who are going to the beach or pool at Grand Turk wear their pool clothes/swimsuit/shorts off the ship? Why would they be changing?

Seeing you've been there, you know what those cabanas are.

You know whether they appeal to you or not. :)

Yes, I've seen them and obviously they appeal to me because we reserved one. I was looking for information from someone who has rented one in the past. What was their experience?

Thank you!!

Why would someone need a place to change? Don't most people who are going to the beach or pool at Grand Turk wear their pool clothes/swimsuit/shorts off the ship? Why would they be changing?

I have had a cabana three different times at Grand Turk and love the idea that I can change in the cabana. I prefer to change out of my wet bathing suit before returning to the ship. Some may prefer the clammy feeling but it's all about choices isn't it.

We like the opportunity to take an air conditioned break from the heat as well. The ability to lock valuables in the cabana while you go in the pool is a plus too.

The cabanas are close to the pool but set back far enough to be removed from the hustle and bustle. One just has to ring a bell for drink or food service.

The first time we were there we shared the cabana with Lizzie68 and her husband. There are two loungers in the cabana but we were told we could pick up two more from around the pool, which we did. We were joined by the cabana cat who made herself right at home. Actually, she took over. It was a real nice day. I would recommend a cabana at Grand Turk to anyone who thinks they may like one.

I tried a cabana at Half Moon Cay once and have found the Grand Turk ones to be much better value at half the price.

I've had one before but I'm lukewarm about them. There was an adorable kitten there the day I had mine. That was the highlight for me. The food is mediocre as you can imagine from a chain. I love the cabanas on the ship. This isn't anything like that.

I have had a cabana three different times at Grand Turk and love the idea that I can change in the cabana. I prefer to change out of my wet bathing suit before returning to the ship. Some may prefer the clammy feeling but it's all about choices isn't it.

We like the opportunity to take an air conditioned break from the heat as well. The ability to lock valuables in the cabana while you go in the pool is a plus too.

The cabanas are close to the pool but set back far enough to be removed from the hustle and bustle. One just has to ring a bell for drink or food service.

The first time we were there we shared the cabana with Lizzie68 and her husband. There are two loungers in the cabana but we were told we could pick up two more from around the pool, which we did. We were joined by the cabana cat who made herself right at home. Actually, she took over. It was a real nice day. I would recommend a cabana at Grand Turk to anyone who thinks they may like one.

I tried a cabana at Half Moon Cay once and have found the Grand Turk ones to be much better value at half the price.

:) Yes, of course.

Silly me. :eek: Now I 'get it'. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Thank you!!

Glad to be of help. The 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed it, and we actually had one booked for a cruise next year too, but then we all decided to take a different cruise that does not include GT.

Edited by Lizzie68

We were on the Westerdam over New Year's and were very happy we booked the cabana. We thought the food at Margaritaville was fine and better than the ship's lunch. My daughter was not feeling well and appreciated the air conditioning. Our server was always prompt. We left as the crowds from a Carnival ship were arriving and I think if we had stayed we would have appreciated the cabana even more for the privacy.

I had a cabana on HMC also with private butler ( celebrating a birthday) and thought that was much better than GT, but it was a completely different experience as well as it is on the beach.

I've seen them up close, courtesy of Sapper1 and Shrimpboat123. If you like cabanas, they're very nice. Much nicer than the ones at Half Moon Cay - and they come with waiter service. They're also well priced.

Sapper1 had some wisdom on which to choose if you wanted sun or shade, but I'll be darned if I remember what it was. All u know is that it was wise. :)

I've seen them up close, courtesy of Sapper1 and Shrimpboat123. If you like cabanas, they're very nice. Much nicer than the ones at Half Moon Cay - and they come with waiter service. They're also well priced.

Sapper1 had some wisdom on which to choose if you wanted sun or shade, but I'll be darned if I remember what it was. All u know is that it was wise. :)

Unless it's changed recently there is no water service in the cabanas on margaritaville. I drink a lot so I would have noticed.

We have always taken number three which is shaded and far away from the Flow Rider which can be noisy. From memory I would say that up to about number six would be well shaded. Number one would be closest to the washrooms.

Unless it's changed recently there is no water service in the cabanas on margaritaville. I drink a lot so I would have noticed.

No water service? Boy that's changed as that was all my DH drank there. I cannot imagine why they would not serve it.

We have always taken number three which is shaded and far away from the Flow Rider which can be noisy. From memory I would say that up to about number six would be well shaded. Number one would be closest to the washrooms.

You beat me to it. The higher numbered cabanas seem to be in more direct sunlight from noon onward.

View of Cabana #3 as well as view looking to the right towards the higher numbered cabanas.

Also, Cabana #2 and #6 have ramps up to the cabana so you don't have to go up any steps. Great for people with some mobility issues.

P1020899_zpsrbsa0jvo.jpg

Also worth noting, there are two loungers in front of the cabana (see picture above off to right), that are for your use as part of the cabana rental. And the picture below.

P1020900_zpsdhdqppdi.jpg

P1020898_zpsujbpxol8.jpg

I should read with my glasses. I thought you said WATER service:D.

The whole pool area has waiter service. :confused:

We wanted a drink, we saw a waiter standing nearby, asked for our drinks and she went for them. No problem. Fast and easy. :)

The whole pool area has waiter service. :confused:

We wanted a drink, we saw a waiter standing nearby, asked for our drinks and she went for them. No problem. Fast and easy. :)

Yes, it certainly does. They are too happy to get you a drink or whatever you like. I was sitting there chatting to friends on my last cruise for about ten minutes and I was approached within minutes of sitting there.