Explorer of the Seas - Tauranga NZ

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if RCI offer free shuttles to transport passengers from the Port of Tauranga into the city centre. I have read that this is what happens at Bay of Islands and I just wondered if the same arrangements are in place at Tauranga. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if RCI offer free shuttles to transport passengers from the Port of Tauranga into the city centre. I have read that this is what happens at Bay of Islands and I just wondered if the same arrangements are in place at Tauranga. Thank you!

No . None of the cruise ships offer free shutles into the CBD of Tauranga. However , you are docked at Mt Maunganui which has a delightful shopping area only a couple of blocks away from the wharf . It has a holiday atmosphere. If you want to go to the business area of Tauranga itself, local buses leave from outside the Information office , which is just outside the port gates and down the road a bit.