Sailing Getaway in June...What shows and dinner reservations should I make?

valandemmy

Have the Dining package for 4 free places to eat...I can start booking and making reservations in 2 days...where should we (family of 4 (kids 14 and 7)) book for our dining reservations.

Btw- My children will eat or try just about anything, so that doesn't matter.

My kids enjoyed Cagney's (my daughter said it was the best steak she ever had, lol), Teppanyaki (they enjoyed seeing the food cooked in front of them) and Moderno (they got a kick out of using the green/red cards to indicate when they wanted more). They also liked the Illusionarium dinner show (there is an upcharge for this though) and La Cuccina. LeBistro they could take or leave though they did enjoy the chocolate fondue dessert!

We didn't end up going to see Burn the Floor or Legally Blond - I am hoping to catch them next month. We took one of our sons with us to the early comedy show - he enjoyed it but I don't think we could reserve that before the cruise - I think we had to do it onboard.

Enjoy your cruise!

Le Bistro is small for such a large ship, so I'd book that ahead of boarding. Also, last Getaway cruise, our Le Bistro dinner was the best we've had on any NCL ship. For us, Burn The Floor is a must. I can't get enough of the dancers' super high energy. For some, it's too loud and too much dancing. Legally Blonde was ok. If you're meat eaters, Modernos would be enjoyable for the kids I think. Order all you want. And the salad bar is great.

Have the Dining package for 4 free places to eat...I can start booking and making reservations in 2 days...where should we (family of 4 (kids 14 and 7)) book for our dining reservations.

I would book Teppanyaki at least once (if not twice). Always good entertainment. Sells out fast for prime time dining.

The Illusionarium (slight upcharge) is a great magic dinner show. Doors open 30 minutes before the show starts. Have at least one person in your party in line at least 60 minutes before show starts. Havens guests will be seated first (through a back door). Other seating is first-come-first-serve. Be the first.

Le Bistro for some sophisticated dining.

Cagney's for a good steak house.

I would book Teppanyaki at least once (if not twice). Always good entertainment. Sells out fast for prime time dining.

The Illusionarium (slight upcharge) is a great magic dinner show. Doors open 30 minutes before the show starts. Have at least one person in your party in line at least 60 minutes before show starts. Havens guests will be seated first (through a back door). Other seating is first-come-first-serve. Be the first.

Le Bistro for some sophisticated dining.

Cagney's for a good steak house.

Definitely the Illusionarium! We went last June and the kids loved it! (I loved it too!) The food is not good, but the entertainment is amazing. Listen to this above person, you really need to get there early! My kids also loved Teppanyaki and Cagney's. My boys love steak and they also said it was the best they ever had. We also did Moderno. My kids loved all of the different types of meat coming to the table.

HTH

We are sailing on the Getaway May 29. The Million Dollar Quartet is a great show! I have seen it several times in Chicago. One night in 1956 four artists were in Sun Records studio in Memphis at the same time: Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Elvis and Johnny Cash. The show does appeal to people of all ages, even teenagers who are not so familiar with the music. Not sure about a seven year old, but it is a play, very high energy, dramatic and funny at times. Of course the music is wonderful!!

Edited by Seminole1975

Anyone know where I might find some copies of the menus for any of the specialty dining like le bistro or teppanyaki restaurant?

On this site: http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

The menus for the breakaway are more up to date than the Getaway and I "think" that this is the only place I've seen updated menus. Others may have photos from more recent cruises, but I haven't seen yet.

Just off the Getaway today... I give another vote for Le Bistro.

We ate there twice this week and both times were delicious. I have to agree with a previous poster in saying my Le Bistro meals were the best I have had on NCL.

I had the same thing both nights because I enjoyed my meal so much, lol.

I had the lump crabmeat salad ( it came with mandarin slices) and the lobster, both were amazing!

First night was my birthday and they brought out a cake. Later in the week, I had the apple tart and it was amazing.

Enjoy!

Edited by CocoCandy

Aloha,

Just off the Getaway and being a lover of good food, these are my opinions:

1. Cagney's-our fave for service and quality...Great ambiance where you can actually have a conversation with people and loved the open concept kitchen to watch the chef's...Great wine list as well

2. Teppanyaki-Loved the food, the chef was hilarious and very engaging...The kids would love it

3. Moderno-great selection of meats-the garlic mash potatoes are to die for!!! It is a ton of meat though so be careful of what you do after-you'll be in a bit of a food coma for a while after this one.

4-Le Bistro-small, elegant, and good dinner...French Onion soup was scrumptious

Sorry but did not like Tratoria-Italian, was expecting a lot more, service was meh, and they could have had a lot more on the menu.

DO NOT miss Burn the Floor-best dancing we've see this side of Dancing With The Stars-INCREDIBLE

Aloha,

DO NOT miss Burn the Floor-best dancing we've see this side of Dancing With The Stars-INCREDIBLE

When we first sailed on the Getaway, Keo Motsepe was the lead dancer in Burn the Floor. We enjoyed him in the show and twice in the Manhattan Room dinner shows. He is now one of the pro dancers in the US dancing with the stars. Outstanding performer and outstanding show.

Edited by BirdTravels