Is Grand B331 considered more midship than forward?

Linsifer

I notice that cabin B331 on Grand Princess is described as Forward Midship. I also see that it's closer to the middle than forward. Does that mean it will be a bit more stable than if it were further toward the front of the ship? I hope so! Would something in the low B500s be more stable since it's more midship aft? I was told that when they draw the deck plans, they don't count the bow when determining midship, which might be in my favor with B331. I'm just trying to keep the motion somewhat low! :)

The 500's would be a better choice if you are looking for mid ship and motion stability however these cabins are located quit high on the deck plan. The lower the deck the better if you are really looking for less movement.

Edited by ramrax4

Mid-forward. I don't think there'll be much difference between B331 and B500's. The fact that you're on Baja and higher on the ship is a bigger factor.

Stabilizers help control side-to-side movement but not forward-to-stern. Ships are usually affected by both motions. For the most stability, the lower the deck the better. Mid-ship towards aft is more stable. That's what I'd book if I were prone to seasickness.

We were in B333 on the Grand, an inside cabin, on an Alaskan cruise 2 years ago and had no particular issues with pronounced movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, I've learned to just go with the flow when it comes to movement. No, I'm not a fan of feeling extremely queasy or dizzy. But I can handle more than I used to. I was mostly thinking about my husband. He just doesn't want a repeat of a cruise we were on in 1992. But, we were also in a very forward cabin during rough seas. He's been on three cruises since then without issues. Other than an aft cabin on one ship, I think we were fairly midship, though. B331 is just a couple cabins forward of B339 which is designated Midship. Since B339 is not a BB category, we would lose the Leap Day sale. Maybe I'll look into a cabin in lower 500s, although I'm tending to feel that we'll be okay where we are.

Thank you for your replies!

Mrs Gut has a neurological condition, that means motion is a real problem, so we look midship.

Last cruise we ended up with what they called mid aft, but it was right next door to the midship suites. Really one cabin ont make much difference. We visited some friends a few cabins further away and within a few hours she had to excuse herself.

Logic tells us that one cabin won't make much difference, but further well.......

So, does anyone feel it's more midship than forward by looking at the deck plan? To me it looks like it's closer to the middle than front. Just wanted to see if folks agreed. :) I'm not asking about the height of the deck. I know Baja is higher. At this point, we're staying put on that deck. Don't want to lose the promo by choosing elsewhere. But do want a cabin as close as we can amidships.