Few questions for our anthem cruise

Are you allowed to take a drink with you when you go on Northstar? I notice there is a bar right underneath.

Is Starbucks coffee included in the Royal replenish package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are you allowed to take a drink with you when you go on Northstar? I notice there is a bar right underneath.

Is Starbucks coffee included in the Royal replenish package?

On Anthem the Starbucks coffee is included in the Royal Replenish package.

We were just on it, and I think there was a sign that said no food or drinks allowed. Believe it or not but they had EVERYONE stand on a portable digital floor scale before handing them the ticket to go up the stairs. There is a 300 lb. weight limit. One man simply gave up before he was asked to get on the scale, smiled and left. I being a nice husband, looked the other way when my wife was asked to step on it. lol

No drinks or food on the Northstar which is fine, it's a short 15 min ride anyway. You do have to weigh in as mentioned which makes absolutely no sense to me since they don't total the weight of everyone on board. What difference is it if you have 10 people who weigh 250# or 9 people who weigh 240# and one person that weighs 340 # ? Just an example.

Edited by hootowlrn

It does make difference. All they need to do is everyone is under 250 lbs with 15 people, then they know it good. 250*15= 3750. That ball can't hold more weight than 3750.

You do have to weigh in as mentioned which makes absolutely no sense to me since they don't total the weight of everyone on board. What difference is it if you have 10 people who weigh 250# or 9 people who weigh 240# and one person that weighs 340 # ? Just an example.

The issue is not the total weight of the people in the capsule, it's the weight limit per person for the harness/rope line that you'd have to go down to evacuate in the event North Star became stuck.

The issue is not the total weight of the people in the capsule, it's the weight limit per person for the harness/rope line that you'd have to go down to evacuate in the event North Star became stuck.

Exactly.

One one of my rides the operator explained the height minimum was also for the safety harnesses. Kids too small could just slip out of the straps. Not something you want to happen on an escape attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah...thank you! Now that makes much more sense

We had cocktails while waiting in the line to board North Star. So they don't have any concern if you've just been drinking before boarding. Didn't try to take them on, assumed it's not allowed. North Star bar has great cocktails!

People in line should keep their eye off of other weight except the crew member. I am sure all get weighed regardless of how you light, thin, bigger etc. it standard procedure.

People in line should keep their eye off of other weight except the crew member. I am sure all get weighed regardless of how you light, thin, bigger etc. it standard procedure.

A lot of people aren't that considerate, especially kids. Most people just naturally look if they are the few next in line. My kids always try and figure out my weight, so again, can people in line see the readings?