U.K. UDP Costs.

On our February Epic cruise I had 5 night UDP booked, and paid for in December 2014 - cost £67.23 p.p.

Just booked Spirit for May 2016 and went to book 5 night UDP - price is now £83.94 p.p., almost 25% increase in a couple of months.

I know we all expect price increases but this does seem excessive.

Have the U.S. prices increased as well?

Pete

The base cost has gone up by about $10 ($11.80 inc gratuity).

The rest of the difference is probably due to exchange rates. The exchange rate it set when you book and I imagine that is a lot worse now compared to when you booked your Epic cruise.

Exchange rate probably, current bookings get two choices beverage and dining included why are you buying it?

Booked solo inside - only UBP included. I did consider outside to get 2 'freebies' but it was better value to book inside and buy UDP

£ has lost around 5% against the $ since I booked UDP on the Epic (Dec 14)

Pete

The bank rate in December 2014 was about 1.56. Today it is 1.42, so that's quite a bit more than 5%. However, NCL makes up its own rates, so you would have to find out by other means exactly what rate was applied to your bookings.

Do you mean December 2015? Because the "5 night UDP" (i.e. SDP) did not exist in December 2014. (And the UDP would have been for the entire cruise, and as far as I know the Epic did not do any 5-night cruises in February 2016.)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Do you mean December 2015? Because the "5 night UDP" (i.e. SDP) did not exist in December 2014. (And the UDP would have been for the entire cruise, and as far as I know the Epic did not do any 5-night cruises in February 2016.)

Sorry, yes I did mean Dec 15. We did the 10 & 11 night Epic in Feb 16 so with the 2 free meals from latitudes the 5 night package made sense.

Pete

I don't know if you can still find out easily what exchange rate they used for your February cruises. For your current reservation, you can look at the price of the OBC "gifts" in your Explore & Plan. How much do they want in UKP for $100 OBC?