Clamshell wait list!

SandSeaSail

There is a wait list for clamshells on my upcoming cruise. All I can say is, Really?!? How can they not have enough clamshells?

Most likely two ships in HMC. When that happens you should book early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a wait list for clamshells on my upcoming cruise. All I can say is, Really?!? How can they not have enough clamshells?

You'd be surprised. In 2014 I rented a clamshell. It was a zoo to get off the ship as they did not do tender tickets so I waited for the crowd to subside. I had one heck of a time finding one that was not being used and getting someone to set it up. I got passed from one person to the next. I wouldn't get one again. It's not worth it to me.

A few years back, we also booked a clamshell. What a waste of money and effort to get it set up. We found it to be extremely hot inside because of no air flow. We ended up giving it to a couple sitting in the sun and we relocated to a shadier area.

I found out there will be two ships. Will it even be worth getting off the ship?

In January we were at HMC on the Oosterdam. The Eurodam was also there. We were among the first off the ship, so we had no trouble claiming our clamshell and getting it set up. Yes, it was a bit more crowded, but for those willing to go a little farther down the beach there was plenty of shade and loungers to be had. I had no problem finding a seat at the bar to be served. At lunchtime we waited until the initial rush was over... about 12:30. The lines had subsided, everything had been replenished and was fresh and hot, and seating wasn't a problem. The day is what you make of it... on or off the ship. ;)

Call me ignorant.,,,,,,but what is a clamshell?:o

It's a shelter in the shape of a clamshell that also contains two loungers. If you want out of the sun you can move your chairs under it or outside if you want the sun.

When go to HMC we usually get them with no problem and enjoy.

In January we were at HMC on the Oosterdam. The Eurodam was also there. We were among the first off the ship, so we had no trouble claiming our clamshell and getting it set up. Yes, it was a bit more crowded, but for those willing to go a little farther down the beach there was plenty of shade and loungers to be had. I had no problem finding a seat at the bar to be served. At lunchtime we waited until the initial rush was over... about 12:30. The lines had subsided, everything had been replenished and was fresh and hot, and seating wasn't a problem. The day is what you make of it... on or off the ship. ;)

Agree! Nice comment!

It's a shelter in the shape of a clamshell that also contains two loungers. If you want out of the sun you can move your chairs under it or outside if you want the sun.

When go to HMC we usually get them with no problem and enjoy.

Okay......have to know what it was before I knew if I just had to have it! Thankyou!

We had a clamshell in February and enjoyed having it for some shade. To me, it looked like there were all new clamshells. They seemed a bit wider and the back did not sit on the ground, so there was some air circulation.

When we get to HMC, we just walk down the beach to a clamshell that we like and start setting up our stuff. In no time one of the island staff will come by to make sure that you have a ticket and then they will set it up. No more chasing these people and wasting precious island time.

The clamshells are quite popular and get booked early. If you want one it's best to book it right away.

Edited by OVgirl