Local Nassau Resturants

jeagens

Any of the restaurants at the Fish Fry will have good local food. Here's a blog I wrote about it, if you're interested: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2014/09/nassaus-fish-fry.html

Some of the more popular ones are Twin Brothers, Goldies and Oh Andros.

There is also Bahamian Cookin' in the downtown area: http://bahamiancookin.com/ I've read good things about it although we haven't gotten there yet.

If you want authentic and delicious local food, try off-the-beaten-path Bahamian Cookin'. Great conch fritters, steamed chicken, pigeon peas & rice, baked macaroni, fried plantains. And don't forget a glass of (non-alcoholic) switcher. Yum!

If you want authentic and delicious local food, try off-the-beaten-path Bahamian Cookin'. Great conch fritters, steamed chicken, pigeon peas & rice, baked macaroni, fried plantains. And don't forget a glass of (non-alcoholic) switcher. Yum!

Duh! Erased my message -- I noticed you provided info in prior email!:(

Edited by laedw

Some great suggestions here. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. We recently decided not to do an organized excursion when we hit Nassau on our upcoming cruise, which left us also needing suggestions on where to eat lunch. It's going to be hard to decide :)

We may have to check out either Athena's or Bahamian Cookin' when we are in Nassau. No special excursion planned, just walking and looking, and we are always interested in trying new foods!

You ought to try the Tru Bahamian Food Tour. They do a full lunch at Bahamian Cookin', conch chowder and a greek salad at Athena, as well as lots of local tastings--beer, chocolate, hot sauces, jams, rum cake. A great tour!

You ought to try the Tru Bahamian Food Tour. They do a full lunch at Bahamian Cookin', conch chowder and a greek salad at Athena, as well as lots of local tastings--beer, chocolate, hot sauces, jams, rum cake. A great tour!

Is this a RCCL tour?

Are either Athena's or Bahamian Cooking in walking distance from the pier?

Yes, both are downtown. There's a map to Bahamian Cookin' in the link I included in post #2. Athenas has a Facebook page.

Fish Fry is in walking distance too, if you're mobile and the weather's not too hot. We walked back from it last weekend. Very enjoyable.

Yes, both are downtown. There's a map to Bahamian Cookin' in the link I included in post #2. Athenas has a Facebook page.

Fish Fry is in walking distance too, if you're mobile and the weather's not too hot. We walked back from it last weekend. Very enjoyable.

Thank you!

We may have to check out either Athena's or Bahamian Cookin' when we are in Nassau. No special excursion planned, just walking and looking, and we are always interested in trying new foods!

Athena's is good, that's usually my "go to" place. I have never tried Bahamian Cookin' may have to give them a try next time.

• 4 weeks later...