3 Day Cruise: help on timing dinner reservations, 3 day cruise, Enchantment

Hi -- We (family) are going on a short 3 day cruise out of Miami on June 17 on the Enchantment of the Seas. At least 3 of the 5 of us like to go to the shows/entertainment at night (and yes, we know it won't be like it was on the Oases when we went, we just like to do it). I'm trying to figure out when to make dinner reservations - both for MyTime dining and for the last night when we will go to Chops.

I know the Enchantment is new to Miami, so I haven't seen any Compass' for the 3 night. I'd love some advice on how to estimate timing (oh, and we probably want to go to dinner BEFORE the entertainment), for all three nights.

Although this could change, on Day 2 we are at CocoCay from 8-5 and on Day 3 we are in Nassau from 8-5.

Any advice? 6? 5:30? 7?

Ricki

Hi -- We (family) are going on a short 3 day cruise out of Miami on June 17 on the Enchantment of the Seas. At least 3 of the 5 of us like to go to the shows/entertainment at night (and yes, we know it won't be like it was on the Oases when we went, we just like to do it). I'm trying to figure out when to make dinner reservations - both for MyTime dining and for the last night when we will go to Chops.

I know the Enchantment is new to Miami, so I haven't seen any Compass' for the 3 night. I'd love some advice on how to estimate timing (oh, and we probably want to go to dinner BEFORE the entertainment), for all three nights.

Although this could change, on Day 2 we are at CocoCay from 8-5 and on Day 3 we are in Nassau from 8-5.

Any advice? 6? 5:30? 7?

Ricki

I am not familiar with the 3-night Cruise Compass schedule for shows (I did the 4-night on Enchantment in November), but generally, shows are scheduled around the traditional dining times (main and second seating, probably 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM). So if you want to go to dinner before the evening entertainment, then I'd choose 5:30 PM for your dinner. Maybe My Time Dining is faster (I've yet to do it myself), but I wouldn't count on it -- which means allow 1.5 to 2 hours for dinner if you are staying for the coffee/dessert course.

You probably don't want to be taking the last tender boat from CocoCay back to the ship, nor cutting it close with a 4:30 PM all-board in Nassau (typically 30 minutes prior to departure) -- so there should be enough time for everyone to get ready for a 5:30 PM dinner seating.

Edit: I just went back to check my dining time on Enchantment. I had the second seating at 8:30 PM, not 8:00 PM. So the main seating might have actually been at 6:00 PM rather than 5:30 PM.

Edited by moopetguy
Not sure about traditional dining times