Is the Island still having vibration issues?

mysaddlebred000

I'm just off the Island's PC full transit and can only say that we never heard any comment about vibration from anyone. Our cabin was mid ship on Caribe so we wouldn't expect to notice it.

We were Anytime dining so sat with a number of different people at breakfast and dinner but it's quite possible none had staterooms among the new section.

We didn't notice anything ourselves when we walked through the corridor at the aft end of the Promenade deck.

I hope someone with better information can respond to your question.

Beth

Thanks for the replies.

My brother was on a fall Med and Transatlantic cruise where it was terrible in some cabins. We spent many hours after their return trying to figure out the cause, why some cabins did yet a cabin next door felt nothing. He said it was much worse the faster the ship traveled. And that happened many nights when they seemed to be trying to make up time. When ports were close together, they traveled slow and it was not bad. You can watch the ship's web cam where the ship's speed is part of the rotating information and they monitored that regularly and the vibration corresponded to the speed.

He said he wrote Princess in December and still has not heard anything from them. I know they talked to others on the cruise that didn't have any issues but most of them had never sailed in the aft or a suite before, so did they really have issues but just thought they were regular sounds and motions from being on the stern? Lets just say, Princess lost some long time elite cruisers because they don't seem to care anymore. And that is really upsetting us - they were our best travel partners - guess we will be doing another line if we want to travel with them.

There is an itinerary that the Island is doing but I'm skeptical about the Island.

The vibrations seem to affect the aft cabins more than others. With the addition of the newer aft cabins it might have quieted down somewhat- can't say for sure. We usually book around the rear elevators & you can see a big difference from that point to the rearmost area of the ship.

The vibrations seem to affect the aft cabins more than others. With the addition of the newer aft cabins it might have quieted down somewhat- can't say for sure. We usually book around the rear elevators & you can see a big difference from that point to the rearmost area of the ship.

The vibration problem happen because of the addittioual cabins. I think that. Why the same plans for th Coral were cancelled.

The vibration problem happen because of the addittioual cabins. I think that. Why the same plans for th Coral were cancelled.

I agree, it was all the changes that prompted the issues. Lots of extra weight and steel that was added that was never there in the first place. :(

I guess we can crown the Island the worst ship in the fleet, we were looking at a full transit on her for the Panama Canal but I don't think I could sail her anymore

Why? The vibration isn't throughout the whole ship. Unless you book an aft cabin you'll never know anything about it. Of course I have read that it's a definite increase in the number of people which means longer lines for dining & shows.

We loved our time on the Island and the only thing we missed was the International Cafe. We would certainly sail on her again if the itinerary and timing were right.

We were anytime dining and by going to the 6.30 or 9.45 show and eating at 8-ish we always walked straight in to the theater 5 mins before showtime (there were always free seats) and straight into the dining room.

We did see queues forming for the 8pm show as we left the theater at 7.15pm. And I can't comment on whether there were lines for early ATD as we were never around to see.

Hope that helps

Beth