Ncl Dawn Specialty Eateries

MILEMRKR63

LeBistro is excellent.

Salsa is very good.

I liked LaTrattoria, but it gets mixed reviews on the boards.

Salsa and LaTrattoria are not "pay" extra restaurants. You need to make a reservation for them.

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Salsa!!!

Le Bistro (pay extra) was great

Cagneys (pay extra) gets mixed reviews but usually is very good

Bamboo (Tappenyaki) - the Benihana style restaurant (pay extra) very good

It all pretty much depends on what type of food you like to eat and what you may want to try.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

G

Loved the food at Le Bistro, order double of the escargot appetizer. Chocolate fondu is an amazing end to the meal. My only gripe about Le Bistro is how cramped it is. We were at a table for two and were right on top of the table next to us. Almost shoulder to shoulder. It felt way too cramped for me. None of the other restaurants felt that way. Loved the sushi bar and enjoyed all the other places as well. Only missed Cagney's.

From soup to nuts, Le Bistro is probably the best (excellent mushroom soup, great filet mignon, sumptuous chocolate fondue). I also enjoyed Cagney's (great steaks) and Teppanyaki (delicious entrees, so-so side dishes although most everybody else seemed to enjoy them more than I did).

On our first cruise on the Dawn we tried every restaurant and liked them all. On our next cruise we plan to do the same. Another day, another restaurant..

You will never know for yourself if you don't try...:D

Loved the food at Le Bistro, order double of the escargot appetizer. Chocolate fondu is an amazing end to the meal. My only gripe about Le Bistro is how cramped it is. We were at a table for two and were right on top of the table next to us. Almost shoulder to shoulder. It felt way too cramped for me. None of the other restaurants felt that way. Loved the sushi bar and enjoyed all the other places as well. Only missed Cagney's.

I'll second the escargot...we had to go back a second time so I could have it again!

My only gripe about Le Bistro is how cramped it is. We were at a table for two and were right on top of the table next to us. Almost shoulder to shoulder. It felt way too cramped for me.

It might sound bizarre, but when I reserve at Le Bistro, I specifically ask for one of the tables at the wine cellar (which are right outside the entrance of the restaurant). Its really nice since its right beside the grand piano.

I am partial to French restaurants and not Tex-Mex and found myself very happy at Le Bistro (twice) but unsatisfied at Salsa's. I suspect that a big fan of the Olive Garden would be happy at La Trattoria and someone who likes a steakhouse will enjoy Cagney's.

The pizza made to order looked great at La Trattoria when we were on last year! We love Le Bistro, Salsas and Cagney's! Couldn't get a reservation at Teppanyaki last time, so that's first on my list for our upcoming cruise!

You will LOVE Teppanyaki!

We FINALLY did it on the Jewel (after 2 cruises on the Dawn).

It was fun and the food REALLY was good...don't miss it!

They even gave us "training wheels" (as I called them) for our chopsticks!!! I brought home the training wheels to show to our son...he is a pro at chopsticks...I just can't get it! Training wheels helped ALOT!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cosmo -- that's the first reservation I'll be making on the Dawn! We usually go to LeBistro on the first night of every cruise, but if that's the only night I can do Teppanyaki, then that's when we're going! We don't have those types of restaurants out here in No. Central MA (that I've found) so really looking forward to it!

Go to Le Bistro on the first night -- it's half price that night -- and have Teppanyaki another night. On the 7 day Dawn cruise 9/4/05 Teppanyaki was always the same price, but Le Bistro was half price on the first night and again, for 1 hour, on the second night.

My favorite pay restaurant is Cagney's Try the surf & turf. The escargot in LeBistro is fantastic. But the tables in Le Bistro are too close together. We had a table for two and we ended up having a dinner guest next to us. We ended up having a nice dinner conversation though.

Salsa is my wife's favorite restaurant. Can't get enough. Try the Spicy Crab Corn Chowder. I'm sure you'll ask for more. Mama's meatloaf and the ribs are very good.

Teppanaki is fun. Great show and the food is pretty good. Reservations are hard to get. Make then early.

The sushi bar is very good. Remember, to ask for something if you don't see it on the moving bar.

I hope you were kidding:eek: Those "posters" are original art worth millions.

I was wondering why a "poster" would have bullet proof glass bolted to the wall and security cameras aimed at it ;) . Yeah, I was kidding.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=424542624&photoID=424590963&security=ortYUt

does CAGNEY'S Have fish on the menu besides steak?

For appetizers: jumbo shrimp cocktail, oysters rockefeller, crab cakes, New England clam chowder

For entrees: salmon steak, whole Nova Scotia lobster, surf & turf

We sailed the Dawn last December and loved it. We are sailing the Spirit in 2006 and hope it is as much fun. We got so spoiled with all the restaurant choices on NCL, that our RCCl cruise on Jewel of the Seas out of Boston three weeks ago was an adjustment when we had assigned dining times. It is very difficult going back to traditional dining after freestyle. Gotta love all the choices on the Dawn. My favorite was Impressions, but I also enjoyed the Venetian as well. Have a great cruise.

Mary

Plymouth,MA

My favorite pay restaurant is Cagney's Try the surf & turf. The escargot in LeBistro is fantastic. But the tables in Le Bistro are too close together. We had a table for two and we ended up having a dinner guest next to us. We ended up having a nice dinner conversation though.

Salsa is my wife's favorite restaurant. Can't get enough. Try the Spicy Crab Corn Chowder. I'm sure you'll ask for more. Mama's meatloaf and the ribs are very good.

Teppanaki is fun. Great show and the food is pretty good. Reservations are hard to get. Make then early.

The sushi bar is very good. Remember, to ask for something if you don't see it on the moving bar.

Archived