Discount after booking? (Loyalty Program Match)

mjonis

So I thought I read on here that if you had already booked (but before final payment, in my case), if you got a loyalty status match, that you can get the discount in OBC?

But that's if you booked direct with MSC, yes?

If you booked with a TA, you have to call them and have them apply the discount?

Is there any special code or something I have to give the TA?

And has anyone ever heard of a TA saying they can't combine the discount with other offers?

So I thought I read on here that if you had already booked (but before final payment, in my case), if you got a loyalty status match, that you can get the discount in OBC?

But that's if you booked direct with MSC, yes?

If you booked with a TA, you have to call them and have them apply the discount?

Is there any special code or something I have to give the TA?

And has anyone ever heard of a TA saying they can't combine the discount with other offers?

I booked our Seaside cruise with my travel agent before having my loyalty match done. Once I received my number from MSC I emailed it to my TA and she updated our booking and sent me a new confirmation with the new discounted price. We had the 5% discount applied retroactively instead of receiving the difference as an OBC.

I booked our Seaside cruise with my travel agent before having my loyalty match done. Once I received my number from MSC I emailed it to my TA and she updated our booking and sent me a new confirmation with the new discounted price. We had the 5% discount applied retroactively instead of receiving the difference as an OBC.

Same here. Only difference is we called our TA, she put me on hold while she called MSC, ca,e back and told me it was done and sent me e,ail with new invoice showing lower fare.

Couldn't have been easier.

Are all of you who have got the discount applied retrospectively based in the States or also in the UK? To know if it is worth contacting our travel agency in the UK. I know from my past life as a hotel manager and having worked with travel agents from the USA that you work differently to the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app