Playa Mia question

Builder31

Was wondering if there were any operators on the beach at playa Mia that will take you out for a short snorkel. Playa Mia offers a snorkeling combo tour that gets you from the pier, but it starts late morning and so only allows about 1.5 hours at playa Mia. We would prefer to get started earlier and have more time at playa Mia. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have you considered purchasing just the Playa Mia Day Pass itself and grabbing a taxi at the pier. Then once you are at the Playa Mia you can add on snorkeling equipment, or a snorkeling tour. This would give you more time at the Playa Mia to enjoy their beach and waterparks.

http://www.cozumeldaypasses.com/Cozumel-Beach-Passes-s/1843.htm

Thanks for the input. We were planning to do the Playa Mia day pass. Actually found it a few $ cheaper with shoreexcursioneer ($27pp vs $30 and only a deposit needed rather than full payment). We could just bring snorkeling gear but from what I've read there is no good snorkeling off the beach at Playa Mia. Typically the nice sandy beaches don't offer good snorkeling in Cozumel from what I understand.

Money bar looks nice but we will be traveling with kids and I'd rather not have to pick up and move all of us and get a cab to Playa Mia after snorkeling.

At a lot of beaches in the Caribbean we've been to have guys with boats that can run you out to a reef for 30-45 mins. Thats what I was hoping for. So we can keep our spot and those who want to snorkel can. Just wondering if that was available.

Also, we were planning to take a cab to Playa Mia from the port. I've read its $20 for 4 people each way. We have 5 in our family. Anyone know if it will just be the $20 or will they charge extra for my youngest? Guess we might have to find a van.

Wow, they are a few dollars cheaper, for our party of 12, that saves some money~ thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you buy through Shore Excursioneer, do you get electronic tickets or do you have to go pick tickets up before going to Playa Mia?

T

Also, we were planning to take a cab to Playa Mia from the port. I've read its $20 for 4 people each way. We have 5 in our family. Anyone know if it will just be the $20 or will they charge extra for my youngest? Guess we might have to find a van.

We had 5 in a cab 2 years ago. Same price.

I'm interested to see what you find out on snorkel.

I am also looking at the snorkel and playa mia excursion. But it gets back right b4 sail away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wow, they are a few dollars cheaper, for our party of 12, that saves some money~ thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you buy through Shore Excursioneer, do you get electronic tickets or do you have to go pick tickets up before going to Playa Mia?

T

Glad it helped. I got an e-ticket via email that shows my deposit and balance due. It says to take the ticket to the beach club entrance at Playa Mia to pay the balance.

Edited by Builder31

We had 5 in a cab 2 years ago. Same price.

I'm interested to see what you find out on snorkel.

I am also looking at the snorkel and playa mia excursion. But it gets back right b4 sail away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Haven't found any good solutions yet. We go next week so I will report back if we find anything there if that will help you.

Snorkeling can be done from shore at Playa Mia. Not out of this world but I love to snorkel and DH does not. So we like the beach and they have man made statues placed so fish are around. It is enough for me. You don't have to buy tickets ahead of time, you can just show up. It's been a couple of years but they had a coupon online for a discount. Food has had mixed reviews, we've only had nachos. Nice clean place and clean restrooms.

It's about 15 minutes from both the international pier and the Puerta Maya pier. There will be a line of taxis when everyone departs from the ship. Taxi rates are set - you'll see the board with prices. It's $16 per taxi for up to four people to playa Mia from either pier.

• 1 month later...
I got an e-ticket via email that shows my deposit and balance due. It says to take the ticket to the beach club entrance at Playa Mia to pay the balance.

I've never heard of shoreexcursioneer.com before so I thought I'd ask if you've already been and how your experience was booking through them.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it to get the meals? how long is the buffet open? Can you buy al la carte? Are the prices reasonable. I have a 4 yr old - not sure it is worth purchasing for her. I do not eat a lot but like to nibble often. Thanks

We have been there twice and have not gotten the all you can eat either time - we just order off the menu. The prices are pretty reasonable. If you search on cruise critic you can find pictures of the menu that people have posted. If you're comparing, keep in mind the buffet only includes flavored water, not soda. The nachos and salsa are very good - and free when you order food. My son and nephew ordered platters of various Mexican dishes - and should've shared. They were huge. They also have chicken nuggets and burgers, in addition to plenty of Mexican food choices. I think the restaurant is open as long as the park is.