Allure Family Room 11100

Hi,

Fairly new to Royal Caribbean and have just booked a family vacation. Has anyone stayed in or have information about cabin 11100 on the Allure? It is a family room. I was on another web site which indicated this was a room with an obstructed view. Does anyone know if that is correct. When we booked it the agent did not say anything about an obstructed view.

Thanks,

Catherine

PS, we are going to Eastern Caribbean

Hi,

this was a room with an obstructed view. Does anyone know if that is correct.

I think the reason they list it as obstructed is because it looks out over the bow of the ship. Some may feel that will obstruct the view of the sea. But to view over the bow is sometimes better than just looking out at sea.

Hi,

Fairly new to Royal Caribbean and have just booked a family vacation. Has anyone stayed in or have information about cabin 11100 on the Allure? It is a family room. I was on another web site which indicated this was a room with an obstructed view. Does anyone know if that is correct. When we booked it the agent did not say anything about an obstructed view.

Thanks,

Catherine

PS, we are going to Eastern Caribbean

Hi Catherine.

I know that stateroom quite well. A few years ago my family and I traveled with my in laws. We stayed in the family oceanview 11528 and they stayed in yours.

The view is obstructed indeed.

The reason is because the stateroom is located at the very front of the ship and what should be a straight standing wall is inclined (like the walls in an attic). Take a look of a picture of the ship from the outside, just below the bridge and you'll understand what I mean. Deck 11 is the one just below the bridge.

As far as I can remember the stateroom had a rather odd layout.

What you can see from the window is the ocean and the bow of the ship, but the window is inclined also.

Other that that, the size of the stateroom is decent.

Hope it helps.

Horacio.

Edited by GreenB

Thank you Horatio...

This information is very helpful and I appreciate your taking the time to help me. This room is for six Grandkids all teens with two set of parents in the next cabins.

Again, thanks for the help.

Catherine

Have you tried the website - cruise deck plans dot com?

Thank you for the web site recommendation. I just checked it out and it is very helpful. I knew the place to get help would be on Cruise Critic.

Happy sails...

Catherine

Horacio,

Which would you recommend of the 2 family rooms you have seen? I heard the FO rooms at the front of the ships are slightly larger - is that correct?

Hi Jacquelyn.

By FAR I would recommend either the 11528 or the 11128. Those 2 staterooms are HUGE and they are GREAT for families (6 max).

The family oceanview staterooms at the front are large indeed, but these 2 are MUCH bigger. There are a couple of videos in youtube. I don't want to post the links because they have information of a travel agency but just google "allure of the seas family oceanview 11528"

I have to mention though, they only have windows (2) so the view is nothing spectacular. Also, you can see a small part of the bridge from the main bed, which means the officers in the bridge can also see you.

Best Regards!!

Edited by GreenB

Hi Jacquelyn.

By FAR I would recommend either the 11528 or the 11128. Those 2 staterooms are HUGE and they are GREAT for families (6 max).

The family oceanview staterooms at the front are large indeed, but these 2 are MUCH bigger. There are a couple of videos in youtube. I don't want to post the links because they have information of a travel agency but just google "allure of the seas family oceanview 11528"

I have to mention though, they only have windows (2) so the view is nothing spectacular. Also, you can see a small part of the bridge from the main bed, which means the officers in the bridge can also see you.

Best Regards!!

Wow, thanks!! I was told by RCCL that 11100 and 11500 are the 'plum' rooms so this is good info. Do you know whether 11128 is bigger than 11132, or would they be the same? I have 11132, 11128 is not available.

Edited by Host Jacquelyn

Wow, thanks!! I was told by RCCL that 11100 and 11500 are the 'plum' rooms so this is good info. Do you know whether 11128 is bigger than 11132, or would they be the same? I have 11132, 11128 is not available.

We stayed in 11132 a few weeks ago and loved it!! Pretty sure that 11132 and 11128 are the same size. Our cabin steward had 11132 and 11128 and then all of the FOV at the front of the ship - they seemed a bit larger but have the slanted ceiling.

Not sure how many kids you have but we have 2 littles and one slept in the bottom bunk and other than the first night - our DS slept on the pull out couch. There is a nice thick curtain separating the seating area from the bed and one separating the bunks. We stayed in a FOV last year as well on Freedom and I thought the layout and the separation is better on Allure. Enjoy!!!

Freedom had 2 portholes...Allure had one. Just an FYI.

Edited by Wine Luvuh

Hi Jacquelyn.

11132 is a very nice, big stateroom and I am totally convinced you will love it.

In response to tour question, the 11128 is a little bigger than yours but if it is not available, you will be totally fine with the one you have already.

Best Regrads!

Hi Jacquelyn.

11132 is a very nice, big stateroom and I am totally convinced you will love it.

In response to tour question, the 11128 is a little bigger than yours but if it is not available, you will be totally fine with the one you have already.

Best Regrads!

Thanks! 11500 is also available, but I switched to 11132 based on the comments here.

Glad to hear that there is a privacy curtain - the family inside on Oasis did not have one.