Celebrity Reflection: Cruising with 20something kids + Classic Beverage Pkg?

NYNJCRUISER

We are considering the holiday Reflection cruise (Dec 24-31) with our 3 kids and their partners, ages 22-26. They are not big partyers but we're concerned they may not have enough to do on the Reflection as compared to say, the Oasis. We, on the other hand, love Celebrity for the class of service. Thoughts from anyone who has done this?

Also - our promo would include the Classic Beverage Package. We're not big drinkers and have never purchased a beverage package, but curious to know if this covers a decent amount of mixed drinks, beers and glasses of wine, or should I cynically expect that all the drinks we want would be priced JUST above the limit for the package?

Thanks!

Apples and oranges to compare Oasis class and Reflection/Solstice class ships. Obviously, Oasis has loads more activites inboard including more clubs, music venues, active activites, etc.. Whether your adult children will be bored or not - you know them best! Are they interested in Reflection, and the itinerary? Have they looked at the ship at all and what's included? What do they say? Reflection has martini bar, Sky lounge, atrium, etc for music, plus excellent shows (although no ice skating or diving shows!), do they need 24/7 entertainment, or is good conversation, music, shows, enough for them? Daytime do they have to be go go go or is kicking back and relaxing, maybe a class or enrichment lecture or bingo or trivia cool with them? Is it more about time together with family and relaxing or being on the go? Only you and yours can answer those questions.

We've sailed both, many times and enjoy both classes of ship for very different reasons. We love the action and entertainment options of Oasis (5 Xs and counting on her), and also really enjoy the more laid back and relaxing atmosphere of Solstice class ships (sailed them all but Reflection too many times to count). It's all about what you do with your family and your time together. I would think they would enjoy themselves on Reflection, just differently than on Oasis.

As for Classics package, yes it includes a wife variety drinks onboard including cocktails, beers, wines, etc. Not premium brands, but good brands nonetheless, eveb martinis at the Martini Bar, just smaller pours than the Premium. You cab always upgrade onboard if you find the premium suits you better.

Enjoy!

We are considering the holiday Reflection cruise (Dec 24-31) with our 3 kids and their partners, ages 22-26. They are not big partyers but we're concerned they may not have enough to do on the Reflection as compared to say, the Oasis. We, on the other hand, love Celebrity for the class of service. Thoughts from anyone who has done this?

Also - our promo would include the Classic Beverage Package. We're not big drinkers and have never purchased a beverage package, but curious to know if this covers a decent amount of mixed drinks, beers and glasses of wine, or should I cynically expect that all the drinks we want would be priced JUST above the limit for the package?

Thanks!

Just back.

I didn't cruise with 20 somethings but those we saw, and there were a surprising number, seemed to be having a great time. Many were dressed to the 9's on Evening Chic night.

As for the Classic package, unless you are picky about brands of alcohol, you will find plenty to drink. I upgraded, not for the cocktails but for the better wines, my husband didn't and he was very happy with his package. No need to be cynical. Plus, you can wait till you are on board to decide if you want to upgrade and you don't need to do it on the first day. Try it for a day or two, then upgrade with any bartender. You will only be charged for the remaining days.

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised last year on Equinox (10 days Caribbean) with our 20-something son and his girlfriend, plus my 90+ mother. They opted to upgrade their beverage package because they wanted to try higher priced wines and martinis. We and they enjoyed dinners together in the MDR, and going to shows after dinner. We spent some time together on sea days but everyone was free to do what they wanted, knowing that we would meet for drinks before dinner and spend the evenings together. They planned some excursions on their own and others were done as a family. All of us enjoyed the amenities and facilities on Equinox, as well as the food and drink. A few dinner in specialty restaurants - Murano and Tuscan Grill - were especially memorable.

Our cruise included five ports and four sea days. That many sea days did push the limit for my son, who loves to be active.

The kids enjoyed the cruise so much they booked another one while on board, and are looking forward to another Caribbean cruise on Infinity next year. They opted for a 7 night cruise which better accommodates their work schedules.

This was our second family cruise, the first being an Alaskan cruise.on Infinity. Both of our 20-something sons and my mother joined us on that cruise. It was also a very nice cruise, despite the feeling of being on a winter vacation in August. The kids were actually the driving force for the Caribbean cruise as the next family vacation. Not sure when we will cruise again with the boys since they prefer the shorter (7 night) cruises - and I have a preference for the 10-11 night cruises.

Enjoy your cruise! Traveling with our children as adults has been a treat. I feel honored that our kids choose to take vacations with us. It has given us many wonderful memories that are priceless for all parties.

We were on the Eclipse last summer - 15 days Baltics

There were tons of 20 somethings (2 were ours)

They had a great time meeting up after dinner with lots of others. They went to the clubs, the CD shows...and were her unofficial "fan" club.

Also--many were far better dressed than the "older set" on elegant evenings.

Great manners also--I spoke to many-- Super nice young adults

----the Classic package served them all fine. No need to upgrade.

Edited by Fogfog