Eurodam: Cruising with 20something kids?

NYNJCRUISER

We are considering the holiday Eurodam cruise (Dec 24-31) with our 3 kids and their partners, ages 22-26. They are not big partyers but we're concerned they may not have enough to do on the Eurodam as compared to, say, the Oasis. We've never cruised HAL and have heard the crowd is older and the ship is smaller, but it looks lovely and we assume that every holiday cruise will have more families on board. Thanks for the feedback!

I've never been on the Eurodam, but I've been on her sister ship, the Nieuw Amsterdam, and young people tender to gravitate towards each other and have a good time anyway. Northern Lights and the pool can be good hubs to meet people. Furthermore, you're right, the holiday cruises skew a little younger anyway - even on Holland America!

JMHO..We love the Eurodam and will be returning to HAL after a few years to cruise on her this August. But I would not recommend a HAL ship to 20-30 year olds. There's just not enough to do onboard to keep them amused. Again, just my opinion. ;)

Edited by canadarocks

JMHO..We love the Eurodam and will be returning to HAL after a few years to cruise on her this August. But I would not recommend a HAL ship to 20-30 year olds. There's just not enough to do onboard to keep them amused. Again, just my opinion. ;)

I agree! We just did a holiday cruises on Amsterdam this past holiday. Not a lot of holiday decorations or spirit. For 20 - 30 year olds not much to do. Not much to do in our age group 60 - 70 year old. But if you decide to go, good luck and hope you enjoy your selves.

We are considering the holiday Eurodam cruise (Dec 24-31) with our 3 kids and their partners, ages 22-26. They are not big partyers but we're concerned they may not have enough to do on the Eurodam as compared to, say, the Oasis. We've never cruised HAL and have heard the crowd is older and the ship is smaller, but it looks lovely and we assume that every holiday cruise will have more families on board. Thanks for the feedback!

While Eurodam is a lovely ship, there's no comparison between that and the Oasis! I would recommend the Oasis given that you have 20 somethings.

While Eurodam is a lovely ship, there's no comparison between that and the Oasis! I would recommend the Oasis given that you have 20 somethings.

WOW.

So the issue with the Royal Caribbean ships when we want to go (Oasis or Harmony) is cost -- we are a party of 10 and the RC ships are 50-100% more than HAL. We are looking at the Celebrity Reflection, which is a beautiful ship and comes out somewhere in the middle.

WOW.

So the issue with the Royal Caribbean ships when we want to go (Oasis or Harmony) is cost -- we are a party of 10 and the RC ships are 50-100% more than HAL. We are looking at the Celebrity Reflection, which is a beautiful ship and comes out somewhere in the middle.

Totally your call, but my children are 29 & 33 and they would take an all inclusive resort over a cruise any time! :D

We have taken 20 year olds & their friends with us on RCL, Carnival & HAL. They had a great time on each cruise and surprisingly really enjoyed the elegance with HAL. They loved the movies, shows, dance lessons, pool and excellent food. On HAL they loved the variety available from room service especially being able to order from the dining room menu for room service. They liked the availibily og the dvd players in the cabin and theability to check out dvds on board ship. Carnival was their least favorite. They are not late night partiers. RCL & HAL were neck & neck in their oponion. If they were into late night partys they would probably have prefered RCL but for the price difference they will have a great time on HAL.

We sailed on the Eurodam with our family and SO's and they all had a wonderful time.

DD 1 was 26, her SO was 25, DD2 was 25 and her SO was 24 plus we had our DS who was 16.

The DDs and their SOs found several folks their age which they hung out with after dinner most nights. They took the mixology class (and after the first one insisted I sign up as well) and got to know more people there. The 2nd or 3rd evening they also ended up meeting a few of the dancers and singers from the shows and were hanging out with them. They had the best time ever.

DS also found several kids his age and mostly hung out with them, either at the teen club or on their own.

DD1 and her new DH (both DDs married the SOs from this cruise) loved the cruise so much they booked a cruise for their honeymoon. Based on the advise of a TA they booked a cruise on Carnival. The TA said it would "better fit" their age group and talked them out of HAL. When they came home they said it was "just OK, nowhere near as good as HAL."

I am sure your kids and their partners will have a splendid time, and perhaps become spoiled as well.

WOW.

Hmmm...that does present a problem. If the purpose of the trip is to relax and spend time with family and what the ship actually has to offer is less important, then save your money and go with HAL. Since it'll be Christmas time, I'm sure there will be more than the usual amount of kids your kids' ages.

Oasis is in a class all by itself with lots of "bells an whistles." but you know your children better than anyway. If they don't need that, then go with HAL and saving 100%, you can book another cruise the following year!

Can't help but show this video. We like the NA, but we're not in our twenties either. I did share this on another thread, but this seems to be the prefect place to show again. They can decide.

To be fair to HAL, any ship is going to close down early on a transatlantic as most days are sea days. The rhythm is completely different than it would be on a holiday cruise in the Caribbean. I think the latter would be a safe bet for 20-somethings on a family cruise.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser