Power points in cabin ?

oldsailor104

Thanks, I use a CPAP machine... so do I bring an extension lead or what...? I'm assuming others have had this "problem" - I'm very interested to hear your "remedies"...

cheers

I also use a CPAP. On M-class ships, you can unplug the bedside light to plug your CPAP. On S-class ones, just ask an extension cord to your room attendant the first day; it was always supplied promptly. He will also supply a gallon of distilled water if you use it for your CPAP.

Since I consider these as special requests, I always give a small tip (1-2$) for that service and it contributes to establish a good relationship with our room attendant at the beginning of the cruise.

Thanks, I use a CPAP machine... so do I bring an extension lead or what...? I'm assuming others have had this "problem" - I'm very interested to hear your "remedies"...

cheers

You call Celebrity. They have a department that deals with accommodating medical needs such as yours. They will bring you an extension cord and distilled water so it will be waiting in your room. You cannot use your own. Asking once on board runs a possibility it would not arrive until the next day.

Lots of good info about Celebrity in the FAQ under "already booked?"

Edited by az_tchr

Cabins only have outlets for guests to use by the desk on S class cabins and there are two North American Style 110V outlets and one European style 220v outlet. In M class it is the same but there are two European 220V outlets rather than one and in certain CC/Aqua class cabins on M class there might be an additional outlet you can get to behind the TV set.

In both M Class and S class there are two 220V european style outlets behind the beds used for the bedside lamps. Access to these would involve moving furniture or crawling under the bed. And to use these you'd have to unplug the lamps.

Above is based on veranda, CC and AQ cabins - I don't know about suites.

For CPAP most ask the cabin steward for an extension cord, or request one through special services in advance of the cruise. For CPAP you can also make a similar advance request for distilled water from what I've read.

Edited by Lsimon

So clearly a difference in terminology but I tend to cruise to avoid PowerPoints and charge my electronics with the power outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SetU2

So clearly a difference in terminology but I tend to cruise to avoid PowerPoints and charge my electronics with the power outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From reading these boards, I have come to understand that 'power points' is Aussie lingo for electrical outlets. EM

Outlets at the desk on Solstice. EM

BG-2.jpg

Thanks for the pic - we are on Equinox next week and hope its the same set up. Last cruise on Royal Caribbean we were unable to plug our adapter into the outlet so couldn't charge any of our USB items like camera, e-reader, cell phone

You call Celebrity. They have a department that deals with accommodating medical needs such as yours. They will bring you an extension cord and distilled water so it will be waiting in your room. You cannot use your own. Asking once on board runs a possibility it would not arrive until the next day.

Lots of good info about Celebrity in the FAQ under "already booked?"

*This* I'm also a CPAP user and celebrity has always been great. Fill out the form and email at least a few weeks before you travel and all will be taken care of prior to your arrival. See this page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

*This* I'm also a CPAP user and celebrity has always been great. Fill out the form and email at least a few weeks before you travel and all will be taken care of prior to your arrival. See this page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs

This is the url for the US, but the Australian coordinates were provided earlier today in another thread.

This is the url for the US, but the Australian coordinates were provided earlier today in another thread.

Whoops, missed the locale. Thanks for the catch

Do not be too concerned about the cord. Your stateroom attendent will duck tape the cord between the desk and the bed. The remainder of the cord will be hidden under the bed with ample cord to adjust the CPAP on the bedside table. They also use a heavy duty electrical cord.

Just want to make sure I understand - does this mean I shouldn't bother bringing a power strip onto the ship? This would not be for a medical reason - but just to have additional outlets for powering devices.

Just want to make sure I understand - does this mean I shouldn't bother bringing a power strip onto the ship? This would not be for a medical reason - but just to have additional outlets for powering devices.

This is what I bring and have never had any problem. I bring it in my carry on bag and security has never questioned it.

NEWS-redot-award.jpg

There are AC outlets on four faces and two USB outlets on the fifth. There's another model with five AC outlets, and others with a built in extension cord.

This is what I bring and have never had any problem. I bring it in my carry on bag and security has never questioned it.

Any sort of extension cord, power strip or multiple outlet is not allowed. Not surprised as they are fine to bring on board. Just not to use as a fire hazard.

NEWS-redot-award.jpg

There are AC outlets on four faces and two USB outlets on the fifth. There's another model with five AC outlets, and others with a built in extension cord.

Celebrity has addressed this several times.