Hair Color (Highlights) on cruise

laurenfl15

About to head on the Constellation on 3/19/16. Have a good amount of OBC. I know the spa is ridiculously expensive, but as some of you ladies may know, so is getting highlights done on Land.

For that reason, I am considering getting my hair colored on the ship. Anyone had this done in the past? Just trying to see how it went.

I have my hair washed and blown dry on cruises because it takes me over an hour to do it. They do a good job and charges are comparable to what I pay at home ($70). Dont know about color or cut but the hairdressers seem pretty good on board. I go to a well known Beverly Hills hairdresser for color and cut so price probably wouldnt be a deciding factor (within reason.)

If I were you, I would go and take a look at other highlights they have done on passengers if you can before deciding.

If you have had highlights done at home and were happy, I wouldn't change and try it onboard. My hairdresser is a colorist that knows my hair and how it takes to different products. I have no idea what would happen if I went to a new hairdresser. :eek: It could end up a mistake that I'd have to live with for a while.

I don't think I would let a hairdresser who has never worked with my hair start messing around with color or highlights.

I have been with my girl for many years, and even though the prices keep going up and up, I wouldn't think of switching to someone else who has no knowledge of my hair-type, how it takes to color, etc.

As someone said above, maybe have your hair washed and blown on evening chic nights.

A mani/pedi, a massage, a facial...so many other things you can spend your OBC on, I just wouldn't take a chance with a stranger doing something so drastic to my hair.

I wouldn't even consider it. First of all there's the whole knowing and understanding your hair issue, and I think the price would be absolutely exorbitant. I pay $125 for cut and color here at home and that's with the most expensive person in town and she does a great job but thats at the very top of my price range. I can't even imagine how much they would charge on the ship

One of the problems with having major hair work done on a cruise is there's no recourse if you're unhappy. You can't go back and ask them to fix it later!

We had a lot of OBC on our last cruise. I wound up buying this year's makeup in the shops. As others have suggested, maybe take advantage of the spa ... I usually have an acupuncture treatment, massage, pedicure, facial .... getting jealous of you just thinking about it!