Excursions

Dave Ayton

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

If you look over on the Europe Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

you will see many discussions on Cruise Excursions. Of the many things I have read both good (great pricing) and bad (poor customer service), getting you back late to the ship was not one. Understand that these private vendors stake their entire reputation on making sure you don't miss the ship.

That being said, there are some things you need to know about an operation like Cruise Excursions. They DON'T provide the excursion, they are a broker. They take your money, and a local vendor provides the service. This has caused a lot of their customer service issues, and the problem we had with a similar broker, Viator. They sent bad info to the vendors along our route, and we couldn't communicate with anyone to clear up the problem. In the end, a vendor showed up at 7am, when we didn't need them until 3pm. So they left, and marked us as a no show.

We have far more successful working directly with the great vendors you will see recommended on the Ports boards.

Thanks guys, I've checked out the link which is very useful and found the answer to my next question, best way to trave between Villefranche an Monte Carlo. Last time we got a lift from a relative who lives nearby but not available this time round ( June ).

Thanks again. Dave