FTTF questions

no1volman

I recently was able to book FTTF for our June cruise on the Magic out of Port Canaveral. It's my first time having FTTF. So what can I expect now? Any idea what time I should get to the port and how soon we'll be able to board? If I read correctly, our room will be ready as soon as we board? Anything else I need to be aware of or perks I should expect?

Boarding time depends on many factors, but once boarding begins, you will be called to board behind wedding parties, Platinum and Diamond, then you. So you will be one of the first to board, but what time depends on how fast the ship is cleaned, if there was a delay getting into port, when the ship is cleared, etc.

Your room should be ready when you board, if your itinerary has a port, or ports, that have a tender, you will get priority tender to the port, but not from. You will also have a separate line at GS in case you need to visit them. Last, you have your choice of debarkation..

A quick search of this forum will yield tons of results, but they may be hard to muddle through.

Perks:

• Priority embarkation
  • priority debarkation
  • priority tender
  • priority line at Guest Services
  • priority luggage delivery
  • room ready at embarkation

Get the port at whatever time you wish. There will be a specific check-in line for FTTF. The FTTF group will board just behind Diamond/Platinum and wedding guests.

Enjoy!

Edited by Schoifmom

You'll be able to board right after the Platinum guests and wedding parties. We did this last Summer and were on board by about 11:30. Our room was ready soon after we boarded (around Noon).

The main perk we used was the guest services line. If you have FTTF, you don't have to wait in the line with the other folks. I think you can use it for priority boarding on tenders (if applicable) on your cruise as well.

I wouldn't recommend it for shorter cruises but I liked it because we could get on sooner than others and go ahead and get our carry on stuff stowed in the room. It was worth it to me since a) I'm not Platinum and b) we don't cruise often enough to get to that level anytime soon :)

Hope that helps!

TF

Boarding time depends on many factors, but once boarding begins, you will be called to board behind wedding parties, Platinum and Diamond, then you. So you will be one of the first to board, but what time depends on how fast the ship is cleaned, if there was a delay getting into port, when the ship is cleared, etc.

Your room should be ready when you board, if your itinerary has a port, or ports, that have a tender, you will get priority tender to the port, but not from. You will also have a separate line at GS in case you need to visit them. Last, you have your choice of debarkation..

Your luggage (if you don't carry your own on) should be expressed to your cabin faster as well. We bought it on our last cruise and the option of being able to go directly to our cabin on boarding and not having to wait, plus the dedicated line at GS was well worth the price to me.

I will have it for the first time on my upcoming Splendor cruise in the fall. I'm excited to board after the Platinum, drop off our carryon bags in our cabin, and head for lunch before the huge crowds. That was my main reason for trying it this time....not the lunch part, just the expedited boarding and the cabin being ready :)

I recently was able to book FTTF for our June cruise on the Magic out of Port Canaveral. It's my first time having FTTF. So what can I expect now? Any idea what time I should get to the port and how soon we'll be able to board? If I read correctly, our room will be ready as soon as we board? Anything else I need to be aware of or perks I should expect?

This is what you bought.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

I haven't usually had to use guest service much but last cruise we missed a port due to weather and I had to go to GS couple times. The regular line was long. That was worth $50 for me. Also de bark was super fast

Dangit!!!!!! I haven't cruised in 2 years, and this is the first I've heard of this. I tried to book it, but it's sold out on the Triumph for 4-30-16. That just ruined my night. Lol

Keep checking, they sometimes add more but they sell out fast.

We had FTTF on our first Carnival cruise in December. To pay the little for our cabin was great! We barely waited at the port for security and check-in. We probably waited half an hour before boarding started. We dropped off our stuff in our cabin and went straight to lido for lunch. We had priority line up at GS, which was awesome as these lines were really short. We had priority disembarking.

I will have it for the first time on my upcoming Splendor cruise in the fall. I'm excited to board after the Platinum, drop off our carryon bags in our cabin, and head for lunch before the huge crowds. That was my main reason for trying it this time....not the lunch part, just the expedited boarding and the cabin being ready :)

Same here! We bought it just for that reason! Lol

Yes please keep checking. FTTF was sold out for my Breeze sailing on August 21, 2016 but I kept checking daily and sometimes several times a day and one became available a couple of days ago and I grabbed it right away.

Also, I have a check-in time for 10:00-10:30 but the FTTF indicated a time 11:00-12:00 and I'm assuming this might be boarding time, can anyway explain this to me.

Just curious. If I'm booked in my room with kids and my wife in another room with kids, can we all still board together if I just buy FTTF for my cabin since we are 1 family? I know that only my room and luggage would be ready. Just wondering about embarkation priority.

If so does that also apply to tenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Builder31

What's with all of the people who buy FTTF and then post asking what perks they will get? :confused:

Dangit!!!!!! I haven't cruised in 2 years, and this is the first I've heard of this. I tried to book it, but it's sold out on the Triumph for 4-30-16. That just ruined my night. Lol

Seriously, check your booking for the New Orleans excursions for FTTF every day. We're headed out on the Triumph 4/16/16 and I just got mine 2 weeks ago. FTTF has opened up a couple of more times since then too. I hope you are able to snag one!

Just curious. If I'm booked in my room with kids and my wife in another room with kids, can we all still board together if I just buy FTTF for my cabin since we are 1 family? I know that only my room and luggage would be ready. Just wondering about embarkation priority.

The rules do say PER CABIN, so you might have to pay for 2. Best bet is to call Carnival directly.

yes, it applies to tenders. Per the guidelines, your wife and kids in separate cabin would have to check in separately and board separately unless you decide not to board with FTTF group. However, at some ports they may allow you all to board together. Some ports have FTTF in a different area altogether, so their boarding docs keys etc would not be near where you check in.

I would not worry about not having FTTF.. I just came off a cruise a month ago without it, and was boarding 5min after FTTF people, went right up to Lido deck and put my carry on down at a table, and got lunch. no lines what so ever as the early boarders all went to their cabins, and were not up on the lido deck yet. About 2pm went to my cabin and our luggage was there, we unpacked and was back up on deck by 2:30pm.. Also, I have been on 11 cruises, and only went to guest services 3 times in all the cruises. I just went during off times and never had a line.

If you have a tender port, it might be good for that if you like to get off the ship first, but if you have and excursion with carnival for that port, you are given priority anyway. Obviously, FTTF has advantages, but for the most part in all of my cruises, I have had no issues without it.

What's with all of the people who buy FTTF and then post asking what perks they will get? :confused:

I booked FTTF for boarding early and tendering early. But I didn't know if anything else was included or not.

What's with people replying to someone's question in a post without being helpful whatsoever? Replies are not a requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the priority tender only good for early tender? I read someplace that a FTTF guest went to GS when they were ready to get off and they were taken to the front of the line. If this is true I never knew this was possible. I never used it for tenders because I thought it only applied to being the first off on the tenders and I was ever interested in getting off the ship at 7:30 AM.

Yes please keep checking. FTTF was sold out for my Breeze sailing on August 21, 2016 but I kept checking daily and sometimes several times a day and one became available a couple of days ago and I grabbed it right away.

Also, I have a check-in time for 10:00-10:30 but the FTTF indicated a time 11:00-12:00 and I'm assuming this might be boarding time, can anyway explain this to me.

With FTTF you can board anytime after the weddings, diamonds and platinums.

I recently was able to book FTTF for our June cruise on the Magic out of Port Canaveralt. It's my first time having FTTF. So what can I expect now? Any idea what time I should get to the port and how soon we'll be able to board? If I read correctly, our room will be ready as soon as we board? Anything else I need to be aware of or perks I should expect?

FTTF s the best. To the front ye shall go. Enjoy!