Helicopter/dog sledding ?

fire&teacher

Hi there,

I'm in the process of finalizing my trip in July. A good friend who has been to Alaska twice did Dog Sledding in both Juneau and Skagway. He preferred Juneau by far. He actually combined a whale watching with Dog sledding. I hope this helped a bit. Have a great trip.

Pick the port and time that has the least disruption on all the other things you want to do in port. As you already know with the height of the landings these are often canceled based on weather.

FOr our cruise Juneau was packed and tight. Skagway worked out first in the morning worked out great, if canceled we'd still have the rest of the day to do stuff. Luck was with us and it was great, and like the other poster, pricey but the best excursion of the cruise!

Is there more likely to be a weather issue in early morning, or later in the day? Trying to get idea of the best time to schedule. (know it's weather with no guarantees, but is there more of a tendency for foggy mornings, breaking out to better weather in late morning or early afternoon).

thanks for your thoughts!

Is there more likely to be a weather issue in early morning, or later in the day? Trying to get idea of the best time to schedule. (know it's weather with no guarantees, but is there more of a tendency for foggy mornings, breaking out to better weather in late morning or early afternoon).

thanks for your thoughts!

BQ posts here often and will likely validate what I say, it is the weather and hard to predict. I struggled with is AM, late AM or PM better because we always believe morning clouds give way. Well on our day the morning was spectacular and clouds came in soon after we finished.

We chose the first flight as if it canceled we'd just sleep in :D

p1097124807-4.jpg

p1097124839-4.jpg

p1097124947-4.jpg

p1097124989-4.jpg

p1097124996-4.jpg